Using your mobile device as a mobile access point is data-intensive and will dramatically reduce battery life. It is recommended you contact your wireless carrier and ask about availability with your plan. It is also recommended you keep the device plugged in while the Hotspot feature is turned on
What are Mobile Hotspot and USB tethering, and how do I use them on my Galaxy Tab® 2 (7.0)?
The Mobile Hotspot feature lets you share your mobile device’s data connection with other devices by turning your device into a wireless access point. You can connect up to 10 wireless devices via Wi-Fi®.
- Open the Notification Panel by touching the clock, and touch Settings > More settings > Mobile Hotspot.
- Touch the slider to turn Mobile Hotspot on .
- If you are connected to a Wi-Fi access point, you will be disconnected from the access point before you can use the portable Wi-Fi Hotspot feature. Touch OK to continue.
The icon is displayed at the top of your screen when the Mobile Hotspot is turned on.
Configure the Hotspot
- You can use the predefined settings or touch Configure to edit the settings.
- When configuring the feature, enter or edit the Network SSID (network name), select the Security feature, and enter or edit the Password (if required).
- Touch Show advanced options to configure the Broadcast channel.
- Touch Save to continue. The Mobile Hotspot will turn off and turn back on with the newly configured settings.
- Touch the Hotspot name to configure the connection mode. Select All devices to allow connections from any device that has the correct connection information. Select Allowed devices only to limit connections to those devices defined in the Allowed devices list.
- Touch next to Connected device to add the device to the allowed list. Enter a device name and touchOK. Or touch the Allowed devices list to add/remove the devices allowed to connect to the Mobile Hotspot. Touch Back to return to the previous screen.
Connecting to Portable Wi-Fi® Hotspot
- Activate Wi-Fi on the device you want to connect to your mobile device.
- Search for your Hotspot using the information shown on the portable Wi-Fi Hotspot settings screen, and enter the necessary information.
Using your mobile device as a mobile access point is data-intensive and will dramatically reduce battery life. It is recommended you contact your wireless carrier and ask questions about availability with your current plan.
Your mobile device can be used as a wireless modem. Share your device's internet connection with your computer.
- Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable that came with your device.
- Open the Notification Panel by touching the clock, and touch Settings > More settings > Tethering.
- Touch Mobile Broadband Connect to mark the checkbox and activate the feature. The check mark will appear green when the feature is activated. The USB tethering icon is displayed in the notification bar.
Note: Installation of additional drivers may be required to tether your mobile device to your computer. If the drivers do not install automatically, go to the Samsung website and visit your device’s support page. Click Manuals & Downloads to download the drivers for your device.
Thank you for your feedback!