Thank you for your feedback!
What are the different Buttons and other Physical Features of my Samsung Galaxy Express™?
Learn more about the buttons and physical features of your device.
Front View of Your Phone
- Light and Proximity Sensors: Use the ambient light level to allow adjustment to keypad lighting. If the light path is blocked — for example, when holding the phone close to your ear — the touchscreen will turn off. Also used for some Camera settings.
- Earpiece: Allows you to hear the caller.
- Indicator Icons: Show the information needed to operate your phone, such as the received signal strength, phone battery level, unread emails, missed calls, time, date, etc.
- Application Icons: Allow shortcuts to your favorite applications on the Home screen.
- Favorites Tray: Allows quick access to important features such as Phone, Contacts, Messaging, Internet, and Apps.
- Back: Allows you to step backward when navigating a menu or web page.
- Home Key: Allows you to return to the main Home screen from any home screen or menu. Press and hold to display your recently used applications and a shortcut to the Task Manager.
- Menu: Allows access to submenus with additional options for different features and applications such as Home screen, Phone, Contacts, Messaging, and Internet. Press and hold to open Google™ Search.
- Home Screen Indicator: Shows which Home screen is displayed.
- Widget: Widgets can be added for various functions. Widgets provide quick access to information without opening an application first.
- Front-facing Camera Lens: Allows you to take pictures of yourself when you set the camera shooting mode to Self shot.
Side Views of Your Phone
- Power/Lock Key: Allows you to power your phone on and off. Also allows you to lock or unlock the touchscreen.
- Primary Microphone: Allows other callers to hear you when you are speaking to them.
- Volume Keys: Allow you to adjust the ringer volume while in standby mode or adjust the voice volume during a call. When receiving an incoming call, briefly press down either volume button to mute the ringtone.
Rear View of Your Phone
- 3.5mm Headset Jack: Allows you to plug in headphones. Open the cover to access the jack. Close the cover when not in use.
- Camera Lens: Allows you to take pictures and shoot videos.
- LED Flash: Used to provide adequate light when taking pictures in dark places.
- External Speaker: Allows you to hear when the speakerphone is turned on.
- Power/Accessory Interface Connector: Allows you to connect a Travel Charger or other optional accessories, such as a USB/data cable.
© 2015 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. SAMSUNG is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. All other brands, products and services, and their respective trademarks, names and logos, are the property of their respective owners. The above content is provided for entertainment and information purposes only. Consult user manual for more complete information. All information included herein is subject to change without notice. Samsung is not responsible for any direct or indirect damages, arising from or related to use or reliance of the content herein.