Thank you for your feedback!
Can I customize my Samsung Galaxy S II's Lock Screen? Which features can I access when the device is locked?
Your device's lock screen does more than just prevent pocket dialing. From the lock screen, you have access to missed events such as missed calls and new messages.
Your device's lock screen does more than just prevent pocket dialing. From the lock screen, you have access to missed events such as missed calls and new messages. You can access music player controls and view notifications from the Notification Panel. To quickly lock your screen, press and release the Power/Lock key.
When you select With swipe lock option, additional features become available to you by opening Settings > Lock screen > Lock screen options.
You can modify the following settings to customize your lock screen:
- Shortcuts: Touch the slider to turn the shortcuts on the lock screen on or off. Touch Shortcuts to modify the shortcuts shown on your lock screen. To open the shortcuts from the lock screen, touch the shortcut and swipe it in any direction. Your device's screen will unlock, and your device will open the application.
- Information ticker: Touch the slider to turn the information ticker on or off. Touch Information ticker to select the information that will scroll across the lock screen.
- Clock: Show the clock on the lock screen.
- Dual clock: Touch the slider to turn this feature on and show a dual clock when roaming outside your home city. Your device will show the time in your home city and in your current location. Touch Dual clock to select your home city.
- Weather: Touch the slider to turn on weather. Touch Weather to select the settings your device should use when displaying weather on the lock screen. You can select the Unit of measure and define the Auto refresh settings.
- Help text: Show helpful tips on using the lock screen.
- Camera quick access: Quickly access the camera app from the lock screen by touching and holding the screen while you rotate the device.