Important! If you recently updated your device to Android™ 5.0, Lollipop, follow these instructions.
[Android™ 4.4, KitKat] What is S Finder, and how do I use it?
S Finder makes it easier to search for a wide variety of content on your device and the internet. You can enter keywords using your voice or the keyboard.
To access S Finder, access the Notification Panel by swiping your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom. It is accessible from any menu or application.
Touch S Finder.
Touch OK after you have read the helpful hints. Place a check mark next to Do not show again to bypass this screen.
Enter a keyword in the "Search" box to begin searching the device. Touch to select filters such as date, locations, content type, and content tags to narrow your search results. For a broader result, apply a filter without a keyword.
S Finder Settings
Touch More options > Settings for the following options:
- Results display order: Select from the following options: Frequently used category first, Currently used category first, Alphabetical, or Custom.
- Category order: When you select Custom, you can arrange which categories should display first in the search results. Touch and hold next to a category, and drag it up or down to position it in the list.
- Select search category: By default, all categories are included in the search. Unmark the checkbox to exclude the category.
- Save search history: Place a check mark next to the feature to turn it on. A history of your search entries will display in a list under the Search box.
- Delete history: Select results from your search history to delete.
- Select filters: By default, all filter types are selected. Unmark the checkbox to exclude the filter in future searches.
Thank you for your feedback!