Visit www.samsung.com/us/support/ and locate your specific device for detailed upgrade instructions. An update may not be available for your device due to wireless-service-provider limitations, lack of update, or unsupported models.
How do I Upgrade the Firmware for my device using Kies 2.6?
A software update will not be available unless you are on an approved Samsung OS and model that is recognized by Kies. In addition, each device model maintains a separate FAQ with device update instructions.
Prior to connecting your device to your PC, review the following information to ensure your connection runs smoothly.
- Ensure that there is only one version of Kies downloaded onto your PC.
- Close all running programs prior to opening Kies 2.6.
- Connect your USB cable directly to your PC and not through a hub.
- For additional assistance, please contact your PC manufacturer or Samsung device seller.
Upgrading Your Firmware
Kies 2.6 is only available for use on a Windows® platform. For support using Kies 3 (Windows and Mac®), please click here.
- Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable. Firmware upgrades are available only when you connect your device via the USB port.
- Open Kies. When a new version of firmware is available, you will see a notice on the Basic information tab.
- Click Firmware upgrade to start the upgrade process.
- A pop-up message may also be displayed when you connect your device to Kies.
- You will be taken through the backup process to preserve all of your data.
Thank you for your feedback!