Kies 2.6 is only available for use on a Windows platform. Kies 3 is availble for both PC and Mac. Mac users should download Kies 3 for Mac. LEARN MORE
How can I Change the Preferences in Kies 2.6?
Kies 2.6 lets you adjust language settings, access backup file information, and check for software updates.
You can edit the general Kies 2.6 application preferences in Kies for Windows by clicking Tools > Preferences.
- Folder location: Select the folder location that Kies will use to store content you add to your library. Click Change to select a new location.
- Language: Select the language Kies uses.
- Initialize Syncing log: Displays previous syncing logs.
- Backup file: Displays a list of backup files by Backed up items, Date backed up, and Size.
- Multimedia Data Storage Option: Select the option to automatically save your device's photos, music, and videos to the Kies library when they are saved to your PC.
- Notify when updates are available: Select this option to receive a notification through Kies 2.6 when a software update is ready to download. Click Check for updates to manually check for software updates.
Thank you for your feedback!