What is the Software Version on my Samsung Galaxy S® 4?
Check and Upgrade Current Android™ Platform
- Updates may be released in stages and can take several days for delivery.
- If prompted that an update is available, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Check My Current Android™ Platform / Software Version
- From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > More > About device .
- The Android version (OS Version) and Baseband version (Phone Firmware) show the current software version on your mobile device.
How Do I Get This Update?
Software updates will automatically download to your phone with an option to install now or install later. If you choose install now, your phone will reboot and begin installation. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update. If you choose install later, you will receive reminders once or twice a day to install the update until it is complete.
Note: Software updates are available OTA (Over-the-Air) and are 'pushed' to devices in stages. Some customers may receive software updates after a designated ‘push’ date. Please understand that your device will receive an update, but the date cannot be guaranteed as mobile device selection is random.
Manually Download Update OTA
Software updates can be manually downloaded. To check if an update is available, follow the steps below:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > More > System update > Update Samsung Software.
- If a system update is available, follow the prompts to download and install the update.
Note: Your battery should be fully charged before starting the software update. Do not remove the battery during the update process.