Product: Home Appliances > Refrigerators > Four Door
The failure of a water dispenser is generally caused by one of the following conditions:
To fix the above conditions and get the water dispenser to work again, please do the followings:
1. Remove Air In The Water Line.
To clear air out of your water line, press the water dispenser lever for one or two minutes.
You need to flush the water system to remove air (bubble) inside of the water line.
Air can go into the water line due to a bad water connection.
2. Turn On The Water Line.
To turn on the water line, follow the below steps:
1) Carefully pull the refrigerator away from the wall.
2) Locate the water connection on the back of the refrigerator.
3) Trace the line to a point where it is connected to the water supply house.
4) Find the small shut-off valve at the connection.
5) Open the valve and turn on the water line.
3. Check The Water Filter.
If the water filter is not correctly installed, it can block the water flow into the dispenser. The water filter is located in one of the two places below in your refrigerator:
To change the water filter, follow the steps below:
1) Make sure that the water line connected to your refrigerator is turned off when the refrigerator water line is connected to the water supply house.
2) If your water filter holder is located in the upper right rear of your refrigerator, remove the top glass shelf from your refrigerator.
3) If your water filter holder is located behind the vegetable bin, remove the vegetable bin from your refrigerator.
4) Remove the old water filter by turning it counter clockwise 90 degrees, until the Unlock symbol on the filter lines goes up above the Water Filter mark on the filter holder. The Unlock symbol looks like an open padlock. Apply a slow and steady pressure when you turn the water filter. The turning may be difficult.
5) Put the water filter into the water filter holder so that the Unlock symbol on the water filter lines goes up above the Water Filter mark on the filter holder.
6) Turn the water filter counter clockwise 90 degrees until the Lock symbol on the water filter lines goes up above the Water Filter mark on the filter holder. The Lock symbol looks like a closed padlock.
Note: If the arrow and padlock line are not lined up, the water will not flow into the dispenser.
Note: Apply slow and steady pressure, when you turn the filter. The turning may be difficult, meaning that the filter is firmly sealed. Turn on the water line. Check for leaks.
4. Check Tube Fitting At The bottom Of The Freezer Door.
(It is only for RSG* Model.)
If Tube fittings are connected to a wrong line.
5. Check The Water Tank.