Product: Mobile > Cell Phones > Verizon Wireless Cell Phones > SCH-I600
On My SCH-I600 Can I Use Custom Ring Tones On My Phone?
Note: The instructions below relate to the SCH-i600 running SmartPhone 2002 OS.
follow the instructions below for adding additional ringtones on your unit.
1. Connect the Smartphone to your desktop computer by using a USB connection.
2. On your desktop computer, copy the sound file you want. The file format must be .wav or .mid.
3. In ActiveSync on your desktop computer,
- click Explore,
- double-click My Smartphone,
- double-click IPSM,
- double-click Application Data,
- double-click Sounds,
- and then paste the sound file into the Sounds folder.
Note: If it does not already exist, you must create a folder named Sounds in the Application Data folder. You can now specify this sound for a ring tone, notification, or reminder on your Smartphone, as described earlier in "Specify the sound for an event."Also, most Mp3's converted to .wav files are generally too large for the phone to play as a ring tone. We have tested files up to 400kb that have worked without difficulty.
For more information on the SCH-I600, click here.