Samsung Gear™ 2 and Gear 2 Neo are currently compatible with devices that meet the following criteria:
- Android™ version 4.3, Jelly Bean or higher
- WVGA or higher screen resolution
- 1.5GB or higher memory
The following devices are not compatible with Gear 2/Gear 2 Neo:
|Galaxy S® 4||Google Play Edition||GT-I9505G|
|Galaxy S 4 Zoom||AT&T||SM-C105A|
|Galaxy Note® 10.1 2014||Verizon||SM-P605V|
|Galaxy Note Pro 12.2||Verizon||SM-P905V|
Watch these videos to learn the basics of Gear 2/Gear 2 Neo, and how to start using yours.
Step 1: From Samsung Apps, download the free Samsung Gear Manager app on your Samsung Galaxy® mobile device.
Step 2: Search for "Samsung Gear Manager," then touch the app icon when it appears. Touch Free, accept the conditions to download, and then open the app.
Step 3: Follow the on-screen prompts to accept and pair the Samsung Gear 2/Neo to your mobile device. Your Gear 2/Neo device will then show as a paired device on the Gear Manager.
Control Which Notifications You Want
Choose from a wide range of notifications—including incoming calls, email, texts, event reminders, and many more—to be pushed from your paired Galaxy device to your Gear 2/Neo, so you can react to them without even checking your Galaxy device.
Stay Fit With New Features
Track your workouts, daily steps, and even your heart rate right from your wrist with apps that sync automatically to the Samsung S Health™ app on your paired Galaxy device.
Keep in Touch at All Times
With Samsung S Voice™ integration and customizable message templates, you can make and answer calls or respond to emails and texts from your Gear 2 or Gear 2 Neo device while you stay active.
Listen to Your Music On the Go
Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo devices store up to 2.5 gigabytes of music—that's up to 600 songs—so you can connect a Bluetooth headset and pump up your workout without even taking your Galaxy device.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- The Gear 2 features a camera, while Gear 2 Neo does not have a camera. Gear 2 Neo has a sporty look while Gear 2 is more sophisticated.
- To choose which notifications to display on your Gear 2/Neo, use the Gear Manager installed on your Galaxy device paired with your Gear 2/Neo. On your device, touch Apps > Gear manager > Notifications. Scroll down and choose which notifications you would like.
- The quick pin on the Gear 2 and
Gear 2 Neo makes it easy to change the
band, and the standard size means the
device fits with most watchbands.
- • Turn over your Gear 2 or Gear 2 Neo device.
- • Disconnect the quick pin, pull the band off the pin, and slide on a new one.
- • Realign the pin with the pinhole, and pop it back into place.
- The quick pin on the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo makes it easy to change the band, and the standard size means the device fits with most watchbands.
- On the Gear 2 or Gear 2 Neo, swipe
left until you reach Heart Rate. Touch
- • With the device securely on your wrist, touch Start.
- • Remain still while the device measures your heart rate.
- • When complete, your heart rate will display on the screen.
- On the Gear 2 or Gear 2 Neo, swipe left until you reach Heart Rate. Touch Heart Rate.
Samsung, Samsung Gear, Samsung Galaxy, S Health, and S Voice are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Other company names, product names and marks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners and may be trademarks or registered trademarks. Screen images simulated. Appearance of device may vary.