20.3 MP Smart Camera (EV-NX30)
- Camera Type Smart Camera
Amount of pixels in a camera's chip that detect light and contribute to the final image.
- Image Sensor Type APS-C CMOS
- Type 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 Power Zoom
- Main LCD Screen 76.7mm (3.0-inch) Super AMOLED Swivel and Touch Display
- Optical Image Stabilization Yes
Color of the casing of the camera.Camera Type Smart CameraSpecial Features
Tag & Go (NFC/Wi-Fi): Photo Beam, AutoShare, Remote View Finder Pro, Mobile Link,SMART Mode : Beauty Face, Landscape, Macro, Action Freeze, Rich Tone,Panorama, Waterfall, Silhouette, Sunset, Night, Fireworks, Light Trace, Creative Shot, Best Face, Multi-Exposure, Smart Jump Shot, 3D still image & video capturing, i-Function in Lens Priority Mode: i-Depth, i-Zoom (x1.2, 1.4, 1.7, 2.0), i-Contrast, Built-in Flash (Guide Number 11 at IOS100)In The Box
Included iLauncher, Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 5Image sensor
Effective Pixel ?20.3 MP
Amount of pixels in a camera's chip that detect light and contribute to the final image.Image Sensor Type APS-C CMOSLens
Type 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 Power ZoomFocal Length ?18-55mm (equivalent to 24.6-77mm in 35mm format)
Distance from a lens to it's focal point. In digital cameras, focal length can change when zooming.Mount NX MountIncluded Lens EX-S1855CSB/USExposure
ISO Equivalent ?Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800, 25600
Dictates how sensitive a camera's digital sensor is to light. Use higher ISO in darker conditions.Metering System ?TTL 221(17x13) Block segment, Metering : Multi, Center-weighted, Spot, Metering range : EV 0 ~ 18 (ISO 100 · 30mm, F2)
Set of modes that represent which aspect of the image will determine the exposure for a given shot.Shooting
Drive Modes Continuous: 9fps ※ Maximum shooting speed is 9 frames per second. It will slow down after approx. JPEG 27 shots, RAW 11 shots. (May vary depending on the spec of memory card.)Display
Main LCD Screen 76.7mm (3.0-inch) Super AMOLED Swivel and Touch DisplayResolution FVGA (720x480) 1,037k dotsViewfinder Tiltable EVF w/Eye Contact Sensor, (tilting upward by 80 degrees)
XGA (1024x768) 2,359 dotsVideo
Resolution ?1920x1080, 1920x810, 1280x720 , 640x480, 320x240 (for Sharing)
Number of pixels across and down on a display screen. The more pixels, the sharper the image.Compatible Video Files MP4 (Video: MPEG4, AVC/H.264, Audio: AAC)Image Stabilization
Optical Image Stabilization Yesi-Function
i-Zoom Yesi-Depth Yesi-Contrast YesStorage
File Format ?SD, SDHC, SDXC, UHS-1
How images and data are stored when uploaded to a computer or printed directly from camera.Image Size JPEG (3:2)：20.0M (5472x3648), 10.1M (3888x2592), 5.9M (2976x1984), 2.0M (1728x1152), 5.0M (2736x1824): Burst mode only
JPEG (16:9)：16.9M (5472x3080), 7.8M (3712x2088), 4.9M (2944x1656), 2.1M (1920x1080)
JPEG (1:1)：13.3M (3648x3648), 7.0M (2640x2640), 4.0M (2000x2000), 1.1M (1024x1024)
RAW : 20.0M (5472x3648)
* 3D Image Size : MPO, JPEG (16:9) 4.1M (2688x1512), (16:9) 2.1M (1920x1080)Wireless Connectivity
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/nInputs & Outputs
Video Out NTS, PAL, HDMIDimensions
Product Size (WxHxD) 5" x 3.76" x 1.64" (Does not include projection part)Weight
Product without battery and card 0.83 lb.Power
Battery BP1410 (1410mAh)Software
Included in Box iLauncher, Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 5
This SAMSUNG brand product, as supplied and distributed by SAMSUNG and delivered new, in the original carton to the original consumer purchaser, is warranted by SAMSUNG against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for a limited warranty period of:
Register Your Product
Register now to get updates, faster tech support and more.Register your product
Manuals & Downloads
Lens Upgrade File (Firmware) ver.140311 - All OS (MULTI LANGUAGE, 0.37 MB) ?Mar 11, 2014This is the latest LENS firmware package.To maximize improved firmware performance, body firmware should be the latest version.
- 18-55mm-III (v1.11)
- Improved OIS performance
- Improved the DMF sense of rotation for MF ring
- Add new function for NX30 - Enable 3 steps control of DMF sensitivity
- 18-55mm-I (v1.20), 18-55mm-II_iFn (v1.10), 20-50mm-I (v1.10), 20-50mm-II (v1.00), 20mm (v1.10), 50-200mm-I (v1.20), 50-200mm-II_iFn (v1.10)
- Change the sense of rotation for MF Ring. (Opposite position)
- Reduce the Current consumption when lens operated.
- Improved infinity AF(Auto Focus) accuracy at fireworks mode.
- 18-200mm (v1.10)
- Improved NX200 movie mode aperture noise
- Improved OIS current and noise
- 30mm (v1.22)
- Intermittent failure of DMF that occurs when user press half shutter is fixed.
- Accuracy of auto focus has been improved.
- 85mm (v1.10)
- Back focusing problem of small aperture is fixed.[How to check the Lens firmware version] Please select the menu in the following order. Menu -> Setup -> Device information[How to update the Lens firmware]1) Download the lens firmware file into the root directory of the SD memory card.
- When you upgrade the lens firmware, the lens which you upgrade must be attached on the camera.
- If you can not attach the lens to the camera, you can not not upgrade it.
- The file name of lens firmware is ''lens.bin''
- If there is a difference between attached lens and lens firmware file, you can find the ''File Error'' message.2) Insert the SD card on which the lens firmware file is to be saved and then turn on the camera.3) Please select the menu in the following order. Menu -> Setup -> Device Information -> Firmware Update -> Lens Firmware -> ''Yes''
- 18-55mm-III (v1.11)
Device(Install) (Software) ver.1.2.0_140227_CS - All OS (MULTI LANGUAGE, 17.0 MB) ?Apr 10, 2014Samsung Smart Camera App for Android OS 2.3.3 - 2.2.7 (Gingerbread)
Upgrade guide (Firmware) ver.1.0 - All OS (MULTI LANGUAGE, 0.32 MB) ?Jun 26, 2014Firmware upgrade guide using i-Launcher program
Firmware File (Firmware) ver.1.31 - All OS (MULTI LANGUAGE, 251.03 MB) ?Dec 8, 2014
- Title - Firmware version 1.31
- Applicable Model - NX30
- Carrier or Corporate Customer - Open market
- DescriptionPlease use i-Launcher program when you want to upgrade your camera.Refer to Firmware upgrade guide.[Caution] During upgrading firmware, a camera turns itself on and off 3 times.Do not cut off the power and Do not remove battery before complete message.[v1.31] 140917
- Support 50-150mm S lens compatibility
- Improved halt issue under RAW+S.Fine setting and continuous Single capture[v1.30]
- Add Wi-Fi Privacy Lock function
- Revision Open Source Licenses
- Fixed intermittent bug: Custom mode AWB value change
- Fixed intermittent bug: the focus area position change after making the smallest size[v1.20]
- Add Language: Romanian, Vietnamese
- Improved smartphone usability of Wi-Fi function (Please use latest version of Samsung Smart Camera App.) .Change Shooting mode touch button of AutoShare to Mobile Connection .Add Group Share option: same as MobileLink multi connection(maximum 4pcs smartphone) .Once connected smartphone, you can change feature AutoShare, MobileLink, Remote Viewfinder
- Changed Minimum Shutter Speed option: delete-''OFF'', rename-''Auto(link to focal length)''
- [P, A mode] Improved Continuous Normal capture(sometimes operating single capture)
- Improved movie recording under DIS(Anti-Shake) On + 1080(60P)[v1.10]
- Support External Wireless Flash and High speed Flash of SEF580A
- Add new option of Sensor Cleaning (Shut down Action)
- Fixed Proximity Sensor issue, automatically change Display/EVF under some of special light condition
- Fixed 2D movie mark 3D movie issue, when you setting File Name-Date and recording March
- Improved charging display, you can check 100% display after charging finished
- Improved other bugs
Firmware Update Tool (Firmware) ver.188.8.131.52 - All Windows (MULTI LANGUAGE, 5.92 MB) ?May 22, 2014(Windows OS)i-Launcher setup file for firmware upgrade
Firmware Update Tool (Firmware) ver.184.108.40.206 - MAC OS (MULTI LANGUAGE, 2.02 MB) ?May 9, 2014(Mac OS)i-Launcher setup file for firmware upgrade