Preparing for Your Holiday Dinner
The key to pulling off a successful dinner is all in the timing and preparation. With your French Door Refrigerator, you can prep food ahead of time and store it. The Twin Cooling System controls cool air for both the fridge and freezer, and because airflow between the two compartments stays separate, the freezer air stays drier while the fridge's moisture level helps fruits and vegetables stay fresh longer. That means you can do your shopping well ahead of the big day, and chop your veggies and store them easily.
Other features that will make preparing your holiday dinner easier include:
- • The adjustable drawer allows you to prepare appetizer trays early, then store them in the fridge until the big day (and there's plenty of room for wine bottle storage, too).
- • This ENERGY STAR-compliant fridge has efficient LED lighting that brightens every corner, so you can quickly find the ingredients you need.
- • With lots of holiday guests coming and going, you won't have to worry about the fridge door being carelessly left open. A handy alarm alerts you when the door is left ajar for more than two minutes.
Quick Cooking and Easy Cleanup
When it's time to cook, an oven and hood combo can take some of the pressure off you. An induction cooktop allows for fast, efficient cooking. It boils water faster than gas or electric—and induction cooking is more energy efficient than cooking on gas or radiant ranges.
Thanks to its innovative design, the cooktop surface stays cool to the touch, so you won't get burned as you rush from one task to another. Induction cooking uses magnetism to heat cookware directly, which is why only pots and pans heat up while the cooktop stays cool. This feature doesn't merely have safety implications: a cooler cooktop ensures that food won't bake onto the range surface so cleanup after your holiday meal will be quicker and easier.
The Surround Airvection 3-fan true convection cooking allows for fast and even cooking. (A multi-fan system circulates heat throughout the oven, and a fan control switch keeps the temperature perfect.) No more dried-out turkey or burned brussels sprouts.
Interior cleaning is also very simple: the SteamQuick technology leaves your oven spotless in about 20 minutes. Just pour 10 ounces of tap water into the oven (yes, really). Close the door and press the "Steam Clean" button. After 20 minutes, open the door, wipe the oven clean, and you're done. Then it's time for a well-deserved nap.
The OmniPro is another brilliant holiday helper. When you're trying to defrost frozen foods, don't bother guessing the amount of cook time needed. The auto-defrost feature considers the weight of the food being cooked, so all you'll have to do is select the weight. The microwave does the rest.
This oven also cooks much faster than conventional microwaves, thanks to the convection-microwave combo:
- • Fresh vegetables cook in less than two minutes.
- • You can bake two potatoes in just 11 minutes.
- • Get the perfect crust on your pizzas and pastries with our crusty cook function.
The large oven capacity (36 litres) makes this model great for heating large dishes that can't be prepared in a traditional microwave. The quiet, powerful vent ensures that odours are removed quietly and effectively—so nothing can stink up your holiday get-together (except maybe an annoying guest or relative).
View the Range: Refrigerators, Cooking Appliances