Enhanced Enterprise Security with Knox
Safeguard your data from security threats in real time with a multi-layered mobile security platform. Samsung Knox delivers defense-grade security from the moment the device is powered on.
* Optional. ** Trustzone-based Integrity Measurement Architecture. *** Galaxy A (2016) models feature the same version of Knox mobile platform as the Galaxy S7.
Certified by Governments Worldwide
Samsung Knox has successfully met the rigorous security requirements set by governments and major enterprises around the world, providing business users with the most robust mobile security solution available.
* The list of governments and organisations that have approved Knox may be expanded at a later date. ** Galaxy A (2016) models feature the same version of Knox mobile platform as the Galaxy S7.
Enhanced Authorized Access
Easy and ultra-secure Finger Scanner technology lets you unlock the device, access business data safely, and log in to websites quickly.
Maximised Business Mobility
High-capacity battery and fast-charging technology keep you connected all day long, through conference calls, meetings and assignments.
* Charging times may vary according to individual usage patterns.
Increased Work Productivity with MicroSD
Adding a microSD card extends the device's storage capacity up to 128 GB. Simply save, back up and transfer more business data with a microSD card slot.
* MicroSD card is sold separately.
Full Metal and Glass Design
Enjoy a comfortable grip with a perfect fusion of metal and glass. The device's slim body fits easily in your hand for convenient calls and other tasks, while its wide and vivid sAMOLED FHD display delivers you a better view of your business information.
* Gorilla® is registered trademark of Corning Incorporated.
Bulk Device Enrollment
Rely on secure Knox Mobile Enrollment to easily configure thousands of devices to MDM, e-mail, VPNs and more. With Automatic Bulk Enrollment, you can enroll devices with MDM installation, login and user credentials.
* Availability of service varies by country and MDM vendor. Available on Knox v2.4 devices and later versions.
Boost efficiency by easily managing email, calendar, contacts and other functions through EAS. Enhance memory use and provide real-time monitoring to improve device performance with Smart Manager.
Easy and Quick Data Transfer
Give users a simple way to transfer data, such as business documents, contacts, messages, calendars and more with Smart Switch. Easily move data through a USB connector or Wi-Fi for flexible content management.
- CPU Speed 1.6GHz
- CPU Type Octa-Core
- Size (Main Display) 5.2" (132.2mm)
- Resolution (Main Display) 1920 x 1080 (FHD)
- Technology (Main Display) Super AMOLED
- Color Depth (Main Display) 16M
- S Pen Support No
- Rear Camera - Resolution CMOS 13.0 MP
- Rear Camera - F Number f/1.9
- Rear Camera - Auto Focus Yes
- Front Camera - Resolution CMOS 5.0 MP
- Front Camera - F Number f/1.9
- Rear Camera - Flash Yes
- Video Recording Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080)@30fps
- RAM Size (GB) 2 GB
- ROM Size (GB) 16 *
- Available Memory (GB) 10.7 GB
- External Memory Support MicroSD (Up to 128GB)
- Multi-SIM Single-SIM
- SIM size Nano-SIM (4FF)
- Type of SIM Slot SIM 1 + MicroSD
- Infra 2G GSM, 3G WCDMA, 4G LTE FDD, 4G LTE TDD
- 2G GSM GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900
- 3G UMTS B1(2100), B2(1900), B5(850), B8(900)
- 4G FDD LTE B1(2100), B3(1800), B5(850), B7(2600), B8(900), B20(800)
- 4G TDD LTE B40(2300)
- ANT+ Yes
- USB Version USB 2.0
- Location Technology GPS, Glonass
- Earjack 3.5mm Stereo
- MHL No
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4+5GHz, HT40
- Wi-Fi Direct Yes
- Bluetooth Version Bluetooth v4.1
- NFC Yes
- Bluetooth Profiles A2DP, AVRCP, DI, HFP, HID, HOGP, HSP, MAP, OPP, PAN, PBAP, SAP
- PC Sync. Smart Switch (PC version)
- Form Factor Touch Bar
- Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Dimension (HxWxD, mm) 144.8 x 71.0 x 7.3
- Weight (g) 155
- Internet Usage Time(3G) (Hours) Up to 14
- Internet Usage Time(LTE) (Hours) Up to 14
- Internet Usage Time(Wi-Fi) (Hours) Up to 16
- Video Playback Time (Hours) Up to 14
- Standard Battery Capacity (mAh) 2900
- Removable No
- Audio Playback Time (Hours) Up to 75
- Talk Time (3G WCDMA) (Hours) Up to 16
Audio and Video
- Video Playing Format MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- Video Playing Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080)@30fps
- Audio Playing Format MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
Services and Applications
- Wearable Device Support Gear Circle (Manager Support), Gear Fit, Gear
- S-Voice Yes
- Mobile TV No
* All specifications and descriptions provided herein may be different from the actual specifications and descriptions for the product. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this web page and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Samsung to provide notification of such change. All functionality, features, specifications, GUI and other product information provided in this web page including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation. The contents within the screen are simulated images and are for demonstration purposes only.
* User Available Memory : User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may change after software upgrades are performed
* Network : The bandwidths supported by the device may vary depending on the region or service provider
Galaxy A5 (2016) (SM-A510FEDAXFA)