“The holiday season is upon us and it’s time to buy gifts and spoil loved ones. We too at Samsung would like to reward our loyal consumers by adding a little extra Holiday Magic to their lives. Consumers will receive 10 free movie rentals from Samsung Video Hub and the free NewsOn panel with every Smart TV purchased. With the purchase of any wireless audio product, consumers will receive three months free unlimited access to Simfy Africa; and with the purchase of any Samsung Blu-ray or home theatre product, they will receive four free movie rentals from Mr Video,” says Lance Berger, Head of Product Marketing for TV/AV at Samsung Electronics South Africa.
When purchasing any of the above mentioned products, consumers also stand the chance to win a trip to New Zealand valued at R70,000 and the opportunity to meet and share the experience with rugby star Pat Lambie, who has become a much loved rugby icon to many South Africans. As one of its Brand Ambassadors, Samsung wanted to give fans the opportunity to stand a chance to meet Lambie and enjoy the experience of watching a live rugby game with him in New Zealand.
The ‘Holiday Magic’ promotional campaign includes the following value adds:
- When purchasing a Samsung Smart TV consumers will be entitled to 10 free movie rentals from Video Hub – a new Samsung Smart TV app that allows consumers to rent or purchase the latest movies, direct to their Samsung Smart TV via the internet;
- In addition to Video Hub, Samsung Smart TV users will gain access to the new NewsOn panel, providing easy access to timely news information and content straight to Samsung Smart TV via the Samsung Smart Hub;
- When purchasing a Samsung wireless audio product, consumers will gain unlimited access to over 20 million songs via Simfy Africa, at no cost for three months;
- When purchasing a Samsung Blu-ray or home theatre product, consumers will receive four free movie rentals with access to the latest releases through Mr. Video*; and
- Lastly, when purchasing any of the above mentioned products, stand a chance to win a trip to New Zealand valued at R70,000 and the opportunity to meet and share the experience with rugby star Pat Lambie**
The Samsung Holiday Magic competition was launched on the 15 November 2013, and ends on the 15 January 2014. The promotional offers from Mr. Video and Simfy Africa are redeemable immediately after purchase. Simfy Africa enables users to stream or download songs and playlists, including new and old music, and to create and share playlists on their smartphones, tablets and PCs.
“Samsung takes pride in improving the quality of life for its consumers. Too do so, we form partnerships such as these, ensuring that we provide the best possible value and benefits every step of the way. All users need to do after purchasing their Smart TV, wireless audio product, Blu-ray DVD player or home theatre system is SMS “HOLIDAY”, their name and serial number to 33,110. Visit www.samsung.com/za/promotions/holidaymagic to view the full competition rules,” adds Berger.
Terms & conditions apply.
* Rentals are valid for two new release movies and two category movie rentals
** The final and main prize is a return international flight for two from South Africa to New Zealand. Valued at R70,000, it includes all airport taxes, airport transfers, five nights’ accommodation in a 5 star hotel, breakfast daily, guaranteed match tickets and a “meet and greet” with Sharks and Springbok rugby player, Pat Lambie.
Please also note these two disclaimers:
- Video Hub Vouchers must be activated by 31 January 2014 and redeemed by 28 February 2014. Samsung Electronics South Africa Pty Ltd does not warrant, guarantee or represent that the Video Hub service will be provided uninterrupted, without failures or error free. Proper viewing is dependent on internet connectivity- a 4 Mbps line is recommended. This is a video streaming service; please be aware that additional bandwidth charges may be incurred.
- The Samsung NewsOn panel will be available on 2013 Samsung Smart TVs from 11 November 2013. Your TV will require a firmware upgrade to access this service. Please be aware that additional bandwidth charges may be incurred and that proper viewing is dependent on internet connectivity.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 270,000 people across 79 countries with annual sales of US$187.8 billion. To discover more about us, please visit www.samsung.com.