Samsung Goes ‘Beyond the Limit’ with its Annual Africa Forum
- Samsung Electronics showcases its commitment to the African market by introducing a range of products in the consumer electronics space
- The launch of Tizen-powered SUHD TVs, a new audio lineup and innovative curved monitors brings innovation to Africa like never before
- A new range of Samsung digital appliances brings a new level of convenience to the kitchen and across the home
- The launch of the NX500 camera and the GALAXY A shows Samsung’s commitment to enhancing the consumers’ digital life
ANTALYA, Turkey – February 19, 2015 – Samsung Electronics is introducing a range of products to the African market at the sixth annual Africa Forum in Antalya, Turkey, as the company continues to contribute to the continent’s ongoing transformation in the consumer electronics space.
Showcasing its commitment to the African market, Samsung will be presenting its latest flagship products to delegates over the course of the three-day forum.
The theme for the Africa Forum 2015 is “One Beat – Beyond the Limit” and builds on Samsung’s intent to create change in Africa by bringing consumers’ desires to life through innovative products.
S.Y.Hong, President and CEO of Samsung Electronics Africa, highlights premium, innovation, convenience, insights and citizenship as the key words related to product innovation in Africa.
“Last year we introduced our intent into Africa: One Beat. It embodies the spirit of overcoming challenges and moving towards a vision of togetherness across the continent,” said Hong. “Part of this is remaining focused on providing our African consumers with innovative products that are driven by consumer needs and passions.”
SUHD TV Takes Picture Quality to New Heights
Samsung is unveiling an extensive range of SUHD TVs for the African market, which sets a new standard in premium UHD content. The launch of the 88-inch JS9500 TV, powered by a proprietary, eco-friendly nano crystal display technology and intelligent SUHD re-mastering engine, is innovative in every way, delivering superior picture quality with stunning contrast, striking brightness, spectacular colour and superb UHD detail.
The SUHD re-mastering engine automatically analyses the brightness of images to minimise additional power consumption while expressing stunning contrast levels – producing images with improved contrast, elevated brightness two-and-a-half times brighter than conventional TVs and twice the colour adjustment points. SUHD TV’s nano-crystal technology transmits different colours of light depending on their size to produce the highest colour purity and light efficiency available today. This technology provides viewers with 64 times more colour expression than conventional TVs.
The SUHD JS9500 TV features a Grand Chamfer bezel design, adding more depth to the TV screen and the elegant frame makes the display appear like a piece of art when mounted on the wall. Samsung will offer four new series of SUHD TVs to Africa, including the JS9500, JS9000 and JS8000, each introducing a number of features tailor-made to match the lifestyles of users in the region.
Users will be able to enjoy African Cinema Mode, which provides an optimised viewing experience for African cinematic content, as well as Ultra Clean View for crisper picture quality; More TV Plus for easy content transfer; and Review, which records TV programmes by capturing still images every 5 seconds with full audio. Samsung has also partnered with eNCA to provide users with easy access to Africa’s latest news and is working with SuperSport to offer sports highlights and live scores. Consumers will also have access to premium lifestyle application, ONTV.
From 2015, all new Samsung Smart TVs, including the SUHD lineup, will be powered by Tizen, an open source platform that supports web standards for App TV development. Most importantly, it ensures that customers will have access to a much broader range of Smart TV content and services.
New Premium Audio line-up
Samsung is bringing innovative audio products to Africa, giving consumers a more dynamic, surround sound audio experience.
The expanded Curved Soundbar line-up features a sleek design that complements Samsung’s Curved TVs, providing an immersive listening experience. The HW-J8500/J8501 Soundbar offers an enhanced sound experience thanks to 9.1 channel audio, centre and side speakers and Samsung’s Multi-Air Gap speaker unit in the subwoofer.
The WAM7500 and WAM6500 speakers, developed in Samsung’s audio lab in California, deliver a 360-degree sound experience thanks to Samsung’s proprietary ring radiator technology.
Monitor innovation and design
Samsung will showcase a full line-up of innovative monitors at the Africa Forum in Antalya. The cutting edge solutions include curved and UHD monitors, in the SE790C, SD590C, UD970 and SD850 range.
The award winning SE790C will be showcased in Antalya and has an optimised curvature, ultra wide quad HD resolution and a superior contrast ratio. The SD590C curved monitor also features an advanced eye mode for seamless and rich multimedia consumption.
Digital Appliances Designed for a Better Lifestyle
Samsung continues to innovate convenient home appliances that elevate the quality of consumer lives in Africa, by infusing innovative technologies and outstanding design with the expertise of Michelin-starred chefs.
- The Chef Collection refrigerator RF9900, which is designed to ensure that food is kept fresh and stored to ensure maximum taste. The 4 door refrigerator is a huge leap forward for meal preparations. The innovative Precise Chef Cooling enables an exact and constant temperature for food storage and the Triple Cooling System creates three separate airflows in the refrigerator and freezer, enabling optimal humidity control and improved cooling performance for each compartment.
- Samsung’s latest innovation in top load washers, the activ dualwash™ washing machine, includes a built in sink with water jets and a scrubbing surface to allow consumers to handle the entire wash process in the laundry unit instead of pre-treating the items elsewhere. The convenient sink space provides a separate space to pre-treat tough stains, and once finished, the laundry and water can easily be poured into the machine.
- The new Samsung AR9500 air conditioner, with a unique triangular design, has a wider inlet and outlet and a bigger fan to ensure that air is cooled and expelled faster, farther and broader to reach every corner of the home.
- The new AX7000 Air Purifier allows for front air inflow which easily draws in air and through Dual Power Fans - with two 5 step filtration systems - then powerfully purifies and distributes the clean air through its 3 Way Air Flow. This enables it to reach extensively in order to purify faster with a CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) of up to 773 cu. metres per hour.
- The new NX500 camera is the perfect camera for everyday use, with its best-in-class DRIMeV Image processor, a NX AF system III and Samsung’s highest-resolution 28 MP BSI APS-C sensors. Compared to conventional CMOS sensors, BSI reduces noise more effectively by keeping the path between the lens and sensors clear so more light can hit each pixel, lowering the signal-to-noise ratio. As a result, NX500 users never need to compromise image quality, even in low light. Also, with 4K and UHD video recording, users will enjoy recording movies with more flexibility.
- Putting the core performance and functionality of the NX1 into a highly portable format, this new compact camera makes sure that a moment is never missed. The palm-sized NX500 offers updated connectivity such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, providing users with an advanced wireless experience, as well as the option to seamlessly shoot and share their captured experiences.
- Samsung has expanded its line-up of GALAXY A in the African region. Optimised for capturing and sharing your digital life, the GALAXY A7, A5 and A3 come with a 5MP front facing camera to ensure the perfect selfie and offer original features like an animated GIF setting. The device also supports LTE category 4 for quick and easy photo and video uploads on any social network.
- With a slimmest metal unibody design, Samsung continues to focus on creating unique style with comfortable grip for ease of use.
George Ferreira, Vice President and COO of Samsung Electronics Africa, said: “The key question for us at Samsung is how people use our products. We work hard to understand what people need and want and then we push the limits of what technology can do to deliver this. I believe that the products on display at our Africa Forum embody this way of thinking and offer our African consumers solutions through new experiences and aspirational products.”
In addition to viewing the products on display, delegates at the 2015 Forum will be able to learn about the opportunities in the African retail landscape and ways to optimise sales by studying African consumer purchase behaviour.
There will be an added spotlight on Samsung’s Digital Village, Electronics Academy and Solar Powered Internet School, all of which focus on uplifting communities, developing skills and creating sustainable education systems.
President Hong urges Samsung’s business partners and media to attend the Africa Forum 2015 to view its cutting edge products for the first time and gain valuable insights from a range of experts.
*Features and functions will vary by market.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies, redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. We are also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives. We employ 307,000 people across 84 countries with annual sales of US $196 billion. To discover more, please visit our official website at www.samsung.com and our official blog at global.samsungtomorrow.com
For further information, please contact:
011 784 4790
079 021 5006
Samsung Electronics South Africa
011 549 1627
082 553 2302