TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE SAMSUNG SUPERIOR SERVICE CAMPAIGN
Please read these Promotion terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) carefully. Participation in this Promotion will constitute your agreement to comply with these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, please do not participate in this Promotion. Please refer to this website for the current Terms and Conditions for this Promotion. www.samsung.com/za/offer.
All participants during the term of this Promotion agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
Samsung Superior Service Campaign (“Promotion”).The promoter of the Promotion is Samsung Electronics South Africa (Proprietary) Limited, Registration number: 1994/003872/07 and/or its agencies ("organiser").
- Promotion Period:
- 2.1The Promotion will run from 4 August 2017 (09:00) to 7 August 2017 (17:00) (“the Promotion Period”).
- 2.2The Promotion Period may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of the organiser.
- Who may enter:
- 3.1All participants must :
3.2Participation in this Promotion includes the organiser, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents, consultants, any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by them or any supplier of goods and services in connection with the Promotion and their spouses, life partners, parents, children, siblings, business partners or associates.
- be citizens of the Republic of South Africa and/or a legal residents of the aforesaid country;
- must be currently residing in the Republic of South Africa at the date of the commencement of the Promotion Period; and
- must be a natural person and be at least 18 (eighteen) years old at the date of the commencement of the Promotion Period.
- How to qualify for the Promotion:
- 4.1the participant must:
- Be in possession of an out of warranty Samsung handset in order to qualify for the reduced costs on parts;
- Be in possession of one of the following handsets to qualify for the reduced costs;
- Be in possession of any Samsung handset to qualify for free software upgrades.
(i) J series (the J1 and/or J2);
(ii) A series (the A3 and/or A5) 2016
(iii) Samsung Galaxy S series [the S4, S5, S6 (flat and edge) and S7 (flat and edge)].
- Can I qualify more than once for the Offer:
- 5.1The Promotion is limited to one device per participant, should there be any dispute in this regard
- 5.2The organiser shall be sole adjudicator of the dispute and the organiser’s decision shall be final.
- 6.1The Promotion will afford the participant to receive the Offer comprising of the following:
(a) no charge on labour when accepting for Samsung to conduct a repair on his/her handset;
(b) reduced costs on parts used will be offered in order to repair the devices as set out in clause 4.1.(b) above; and/or
(c) free software updates on all Samsung handsets.
- 6.2The Offer provides an opportunity for the device to be repaired on the same day, depending on the following factors, including but not limited to the availability of necessary parts to repair the handset and the nature of the damage to the handset.
- 6.3The Offer is not transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, or assignment of the Offer is permitted.
- 6.4The Offer is available only to handsets which are out of warranty.
- 6.5Only the following participating Samsung Service stores will partake in the Offer during their individual varied business working hours:
- 6.6The Offer may differ from that shown on the promotional material with regard to colour and specs and same shall be subject to availability and in the organiser’s sole discretion to select same.
Operating hours Partner Region Monday - Friday Saturday Sunday Circle Seven
Durban 08h00-17h00 08h00-13h00 CLOSED Regenersis Midrand 08h00-17h00 09h00-14h00 CLOSED Pandodox Pretoria 09h00-19h00 09h00-18h00 09h00-
MM All Rivonia 08h30-18h00 9.00 - 15:00 closed Constantia Park (Software Only) Roodepoort 08h00-18h00 09:00 - 15:00 closed Kumbana Western Cape 09h00–18h00 8:00 - 13:00 closed SSS Cellular Boksburg 08h00-17h00 8:00-13:00 closed
- Limitation of Liability:
- 7.1To the extent permitted by Consumer Protection Act No 68 of 2008 and any other applicable law:
- The participant hereby indemnifies the organiser against any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or loss of any kind regardless of how this was caused, and whether it arose under the law of contract or delict or otherwise, because of the participant’s entrance to the Promotion.
- the organiser excludes all warranties (express or implied), representations and liabilities regarding this Promotion (other than for death or personal injury caused by its negligence and/or fraud).
- All personal information exchanged with the usage of 3rd party applications will not be monitored or controlled by the organiser. The participant bares the responsibility to ensure that it is aware of the terms and conditions applicable to usage of 3rd party applications. The participant understands and agrees to indemnify the organiser from all liability arising from whatsoever nature.
- 8.1In accordance with the confidentiality policies and practices of the organiser, none of the entry details of any participant in this Promotion will be disclosed or used by the organiser for any purposes other than for entry into the Promotion and in accordance with clause 8.3 below.
- 8.2Participants acknowledge and accept that the organiser shall utilise a third party (the “organiser’s authorized agent/s”) to contact the participant, in the event that the participant is a winner, and to arrange delivery of the Offer. In order to affect the contacting and delivery process, the organiser’s shall provide the participant’s information to such third party.
- 8.3Details of participants will not be used by the organiser for Samsung related communication should the participants opt-out to receive further communication from the organiser.
- 8.4Information regarding the Promotion that is published on authorized advertising material will also form part of the terms and conditions of the Promotion.
- 8.5The organiser may, in their sole discretion, amend these Terms and Conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendments shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised Terms and Conditions on the organiser’s website www.samsung.com/za/offer. The onus rests on the participant to constantly check the website for updates to the terms and conditions.
- 8.6If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the organiser, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorized intervention or fraud, the organiser reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any participant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion as appropriate, subject to the approval of relevant regulatory authorities.
- 8.7Save as permitted by Law, the organiser reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion, without notice at any time, and such cancellation, suspension or termination shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication on the organiser’s website www.samsung.com/za/offer. No liability shall lie against the organiser in favour of any participant, winner(s) and/ or third party arising from such cancellation, suspension or termination. Therefore the participant waives his/her right which they may have against the organiser and hereby acknowledge that they will have no right of recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the organiser.
- 8.8This Promotion is governed by these terms and conditions, as well as those of the relevant authorized participating stores, associated with this Promotion.
- 8.9Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
- 8.10The organiser accepts no liability or responsibility, whether occasioned by any circumstance not foreseeable and not within its reasonable control for late or delayed delivery of the Offer owing to, but not limited to, stock unavailability, strike, lock out, destruction of Offer on route by any means, any civil commotion or disorder, riot, threat of war, any action taken by governmental authority or public authority of any kind, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earth quake or other acts of God.
- 8.11If part or all of any clause of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable:
- It will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible;
- It will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full force and effect.