Samsung Mobile Care Service Plan (“SMC”) Terms and Conditions
This is a Service Contract and not a contract of insurance.
THIS SERVICE CONTRACT IS INCLUSIVE OF THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY, IT DOES NOT REPLACE THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY, BUT PROVIDES ADDITIONAL BENEFITS DURING AND AFTER THE TERM OF THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY. EVENTS COVERED BY THE MANUFACTURER DURING THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY PERIOD ARE NOT COVERED UNDER THIS SERVICE CONTRACT.
“You/Your” means the owner of the Plan Device under this Service Contract.
Service Contract Administrator
The Service Contract Administrator is Worldwide Advisory Services (Pty) Ltd which is the entity responsible for the administration of this Service Contract.
The Service Contract (“Plan”)
This Service Contract governs the hardware service provided to you by Samsung Electronics South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“Samsung”) under the Plan for a Samsung product purchased in its original packaging (“Plan Device”) listed on your confirmation document (“Plan Confirmation”) purchased from Samsung or its nominated points of sale offering the Plan.
This period begins immediately upon the purchase of your new Device and continues for one (1) calendar month at which point this benefit expires. This benefit provides you with “free cover” for the Samsung Mobile Care Product as detailed in these Terms and Conditions.
You will pay a R1,500 Repair Fee for a front glass accidental damage from handling claim during this period. You will pay a R400 Repair Fee for a back glass accidental damage from handling claim during this period.
When Plan Commences and Ends
The Plan must be purchased with the purchase of your new Device. The Plan begins when you receive your Plan Confirmation Document. The Plan ends at a maximum of twenty-four (24) months from the original date of retail purchase of your Plan Device (“Plan Term”). Your Plan Confirmation will be sent to you via email. The terms of this Plan, the original sales receipt for your Plan and the Plan Confirmation are each part of your Service Contract. A separate Plan must be purchased for each Device.
What is covered
Samsung Mobile Care (SMC)
If during the Plan Term you notify Samsung that the Plan Device has suffered a screen damage and / or back glass damage caused through accidental damage (“Accidental Damage”), Samsung will, subject to the Repair Fee described below, repair the damaged screen and / or back glass using new and original Samsung parts (known as a “Repair”). Our SMC obligations will expire and all of Samsung’s obligations to you under this section will be entirely fulfilled before the end of the Plan Term when Samsung has provided to you two (2) repairs, as a result of SMC claims. The repair frequency is limited to one (1) repair each twelve (12) month period of the twenty-four (24) month Plan Term. SMC repairs only applies to an operational or mechanical failure caused by an accidental damage that is the result of an unexpected and unintentional external event (e.g. device drop) that arises during your normal daily usage of the Plan Device. SMC repairs do not include protection against normal wear and tear, theft, misplacement, reckless, abusive, wilful or intentional conduct associated with handling and use of the Plan Device, protection against any other act or result not covered by the Plan, or any resultant damage to the Plan Device or loss that arises from one or more conditions described.
You will pay a R1,000 Repair Fee for each front glass SMC claim, and may be asked to provide an explanation of where and when the event occurred with a detailed description of the event. A repair will be denied if you fail to pay the service fee or fail to provide information relating to the accident when asked.
You will pay a R300 Repair Fee for each back glass SMC claim.
If you require a SMC repair during the Promotional Period, please refer to the Repair Fee under the Promotional Period section.
If You purchased this Service Contract at the same time You purchased Your Device, this Service Contract will take effect immediately and will cover Your Device up to the end date on the Plan Confirmation Document or until cancelled by either You or Samsung.
Service Plan Fee
Means the consideration paid for by You for this Service Contract.
What is not covered
SMC repairs are restricted to Plan Devices purchased from Samsung or any authorized sales distributor. Devices purchased second hand or from countries outside of South African boarders are not eligible for SMC.
- SMC exclusions:
- - The Plan does not apply to installation, removal or disposal of the Plan Device, or providing substitute equipment while the Plan Device is being serviced.
- - The Plan does not include or make any provision for a loan unit whilst the Plan Device is being assessed or repaired.
- - The Plan does not apply to damage caused to a device that is not the Plan Device.
- - This Plan does not cover abuse or misuse of the Plan Device.
- - This Plan does not cover fire, earthquake or other external causes.
- - This Plan does not cover operating the Plan Device outside the permitted or intended uses described by the manufacturer.
- - The Plan does not apply to a device with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or a device has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission of the manufacturer.
- - The Plan does not apply to a Plan Device that is lost or stolen.
- - The Plan does not apply to cosmetic damage to the Plan Device, including but not limited to scratches and dents, that does not otherwise prevent the functionality of the Plan Device.
- - The Plan does not apply to preventative maintenance on the Plan Device.
- - The Plan does not apply to defects caused by normal wear and tear or which are due to normal aging of the product.
- - The Plan does not apply to the battery performance of the Plan Device.
- - Any claim for repairs under this Plan is subject to an internal validity assessment at an Authorised Samsung Service Centre.
- - The Plan applies to front and/or back glass damage only, i.e. LCD, back cover glass only. Any other parts requiring replacement to return the device to manufacturing standards is payable by You.
- - Any damages identified or arising from the repair process is payable by You.
Delays and consequential loss
Samsung will exercise reasonable efforts in providing service under this Service Contract, but will not be liable for any damages arising out of delays; and in no event, will Samsung be liable for any consequential damages what so ever.
The Plan does not include Technical Support.
How to obtain Repair Support
To obtain this SMC Repair Support, you can contact the Administrator or deliver the Plan Device to a Samsung Authorized Service Centre (to find the nearest ASC refer to www.samsung.com/za). You need to keep your Plan Confirmation document and the original sales receipt for your Plan Device, because they will be required if there is any question as to your eligibility for repairs.
- Your Responsibilities
- To receive support under the Plan, you agree to comply with each of the terms listed below.
- - You will provide your Plan Confirmation document and a copy of your Plan Device’s original proof of purchase, if requested.
- - You will provide information about the accidental damage event involving the Plan Device.
- - You will respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the Plan Device’s serial number and model.
- - You will follow the instructions your Administrator gives you, including but not limited to refraining from booking in products and accessories at the Samsung ASC (Authorised Service Centre) under this Plan that are not subject to a repair.
- - You will ensure that your Service Fee is paid up to date and no balance is outstanding, failure to do so may prejudice your SMC Repair Support.
- - You will ensure that your Repair Fee is paid within 30 days of your device repair submission to the Samsung ASC or the SMC Repair Support will not be valid
- To receive support under the Plan, you agree to comply with each of the terms listed below.
Ineligible for repairs
This Service Contract does not provide any repair, service for property held in inventory or property held as Your stock in trade. Enrolment in this Service Contract is only available for new communications devices under manufacturer’s warranty.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SAMSUNG AND ITS EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER OF THE PLAN DEVICE FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA OR THE FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, ANY LOSS OF DATA OR ANY LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, RESULTING FROM SAMSUNG’S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS PLAN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE LIMIT OF SAMSUNG’S AND ITS EMPLOYEES’ AND AGENT’S LIABILITY TO YOU AND ANY SUBSEQUENT OWNER ARISING UNDER THE PLAN SHALL NOT EXCEED THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID FOR THE PLAN. SAMSUNG SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR THE PLAN DEVICE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, IT WILL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
You may cancel this Plan at any time for any reason. If you decide to cancel this Plan, you may contact Your Administrator in writing with your Plan Number. You must send a copy of the Plan’s original proof of purchase with your notice. Unless local law provides otherwise, if you cancel within thirty (30) days of your Plan’s purchase, or receipt of this Plan, whichever occurs later, you will receive a full refund less the value of any service provided under the Plan. If you cancel more than thirty (30) days after your receipt of this Plan, you will receive a pro rata refund of the original purchase price less the value of any service provided under the Plan, based on the percentage of unexpired Plan Term from the Plan’s date of purchase. Samsung may cancel this Plan for fraud or material misrepresentation on 20 business days’ notice to you.
Renewal of Plan
Samsung is not obligated to renew this Plan. If Samsung does offer to renew this Plan, it will determine the renewal price and terms.
For monthly term programs, Samsung reserve the right to change the provisions of this Service Contract (including Price and Repair Fee) upon giving You at least thirty (30) days’ written notice prior to the date of renewal. For term programs, Samsung may, at Our option, renew this Service Contract.
However, Samsung is not obliged to offer You another Service Contract upon the end date of this Service Contract or to accept a Service Contract renewal, if You request renewal. If the Service Contract is renewed, Samsung reserve the right to change the provisions of this Service Contract (including Price and Repair Fee) upon giving You at least 40 days’ written notice prior to the date of renewal.
This Service Contract is not transferable.
What you must do
In order to keep this Service Contract in force during the Plan term, You must maintain the Plan Device in accordance with the service requirements set forth by the manufacturer’s specifications, including cleaning and maintenance. It is Your responsibility to protect the Plan Device from further damage and comply with the owner’s manual. You must notify the Service Contract Administrator in writing if Your address changes or if you have purchased a new device
- General Terms and conditions
- - Samsung is not responsible for any material failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside Samsung’s reasonable control.
- - You are not required to perform preventative maintenance on the Plan Device to receive service under the Plan.
- - This Plan is offered and valid only in South Africa.
- - The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Plan and the Plan Confirmation, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document.
- - There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan.
For Customer support and general queries, please contact:
Samsung Mobile Care
On: 0861 888 003