We’ve all been in situations when our friends are trying to find us in a crowded area, or when our car breaks down and we’re explaining to the technician how to get to us. At that point, we’re all grateful for living in this age, because sharing a location has never been easier!
First Things First: Turn on Your Location Service
The Google Location Service allows Google apps to determine your location. Enable the Google Location Service on your device Through the below steps:
The location of this feature on your device will differ depending on your model and operating system.
- Go to Settings
- Tap Biometrics and Security OR Lock screen and security OR Security.
This will depend on the model and operating system of your device. Note that you might need to scroll down the screen to see the correct option.
- Tap Find My Mobile.
Some older devices may not have this step.
- Tap Google location service, then turn the toggle on.
Next: Share Your Current Location
- Open the app
- Tap on the menu (the three horizontal lines)
- Select “Location Sharing”
- Tap “Get Started”
- Select the period of time as per your preference
- Either choose people from your contacts or one of the social media apps below in the list
OR: Share Your Trip Progress
- Type in your destination in the search bar
- Choose your navigation type
- After starting your trip, select “Share trip progress” from the bottom menu.