[Galaxy J7/J5 2017] How should do I for better fingerprint recognition?
When you scan your fingerprints on the device, be aware of the following conditions that may
affect the feature’s performance:
● The Home key contains a fingerprint recognition sensor. Ensure that the Home key is not
scratched or damaged by metal objects, such as coins, keys, and necklaces.
● Ensure that the fingerprint recognition area and your fingers are clean and dry.
● The device may not recognize fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars.
● The device may not recognize fingerprints from small or thin fingers.
● The screen protector supplied with the device may cause the fingerprint recognition sensor
to malfunction. Remove the screen protector to improve fingerprint sensitivity.
● If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize your fingerprints.
Make sure to cover the entire Home key with your finger.
● To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often
to perform tasks on the device.
● In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature
in dry environments or before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching
a metal object.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
We'll respond your query quickly.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
UAE : 24 Hours Hotline number
Qatar : 24 Hours Hotline number
Kuwait : 24 Hours Hotline number
Bahrain : 24 Hours Hotline number
Oman : 24 Hours Hotline number
Samsung PAY (UAE only) : 24 Hours Hotline number
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centers in your area.