Galaxy Note8: How can I get the device recognize the fingerprint?
When you scan your fingerprints on the device, be aware of the following conditions that may affect
the feature’s performance:
1. The fingerprint recognition sensor recognizes fingerprints. Ensure that the fingerprint recognition
sensor is not scratched or damaged by metal objects, such as coins, keys, and necklaces.
2. The screen protector supplied with the device may cause the fingerprint recognition sensor
to malfunction. Remove the screen protector to improve fingerprint sensitivity.
3. Ensure that the fingerprint recognition area and your fingers are clean and dry.
4. The device may not recognize fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars.
5. The device may not recognize fingerprints from small or thin fingers.
6. If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize your fingerprints. Make sure
to cover the entire fingerprint recognition sensor with your finger.
7. To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform
tasks on the device.
8. In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature in dry
environments or before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching a metal object.
For best results, while registering, for entire enrollment please cover entire fingerprint recognition
sensor with your fingerprint and cover fingerprint recognition sensor with your fingerprint partially
at least 80% for partial enrollment. And keep your finger flat against the home key and lift it up
at a moderate speed. The fingerprint sensor is sensitive to moisture, so make sure both the screen
and your fingertip are dry.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Support Timing : 8AM to 10PM GMT+4
We'll respond your query quickly.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
UAE : 8AM to 10PM / 7 days a week
Qatar : 7AM to 9PM / 7 days a week
Kuwait : 7AM to 9PM / 7 days a week
Bahrain : 7AM to 9PM / 7 days a week
Oman : 8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
UAE only : 24/7
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centers in your area.