[Galaxy S8/S8+] What's the basic principle of iris scanning?
The iris recognition feature uses the unique characteristics of your irises, such as
their shape and pattern, to strengthen the security of your device. Your iris data can be used
for various authentication purposes. After registering your irises, you can set the device
to use your irises for the following features such as Screen lock, Web sign-in,
Verify Samsung account, Secure Folder, Samsung Pay (This feature may not be available
depending on the region or service provider.)
1. Capturing the iris (with IR Camera)
2. Extract pattern of iris and convert into digital form
1. Capturing iris for authentication
2. Extract iris pattern and digitize
3. Compare it with registered one and authenticate
• If you use your iris as a screen lock method, your irises cannot be used to unlock
the screen when turning on the device. To use the device, you must unlock
the screen using a pattern, PIN, or password you set when registering the irises.
Be careful not to forget your pattern, PIN, or password.
• If your irises are not recognized, unlock the device using the pattern, PIN,
or password you set when registering the irises, and then re-register your irises.
If your pattern, PIN, or password is forgotten, you will not be able to use the device
if you do not reset it. Samsung is not responsible for any data loss or inconvenience
caused by forgotten unlock codes.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
Support Timing : 8AM to 10PM GMT+4
We'll respond your query quickly.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
UAE : 8AM to 10PM / 7 days a week
Qatar : 7AM to 9PM / 7 days a week
Kuwait : 7AM to 9PM / 7 days a week
Bahrain : 7AM to 9PM / 7 days a week
Oman : 8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
UAE only : 24/7
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centers in your area.