[Galaxy S8/S8+] what should I do if the device doesn't recognize the fingerprint?
When you scan your fingerprints on the device, be aware of the following conditions that may affect the feature’s performance:
• The fingerprint recognition sensor recognizes fingerprints. Ensure that the fingerprint
recognition sensor is not scratched or damaged by metal objects, such as coins, keys, and
• The screen protector supplied with the device may cause the fingerprint recognition sensor
to malfunction, remove the screen protector to improve fingerprint sensitivity.
• Ensure that the fingerprint recognition area and your fingers are clean and dry.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints from small or thin fingers.
• If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize your fingerprints. Make sure to
cover the entire fingerprint recognition sensor with your finger.
• To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to
perform tasks on the device.
• In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature in dry
environments or before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching a metal object.
For best results, while registering, for entire enrollment please cover entire fingerprint
recognition sensor with your fingerprint and cover fingerprint recognition sensor with your
fingerprint partially at least 80% for partial enrollment. And keep your finger flat against the
home key and lift it up at a moderate speed.
The fingerprint sensor is sensitive to moisture, so make sure both the screen and your fingertip are dry.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
We'll respond your query quickly.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Engage on creating and joining the different peer to peer support topics and discussions.
UAE : 24 Hours Hotline number
Qatar : 24 Hours Hotline number
Kuwait : 24 Hours Hotline number
Bahrain : 24 Hours Hotline number
Oman : 24 Hours Hotline number
Samsung PAY (UAE only) : 24 Hours Hotline number
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centers in your area.