[Galaxy S8/S8+] Why do the device automatically gets muted?
Samsung had been notified recently that non-compatibility of some third party applications with device
may cause muted sound phenomenon on device.
If you had ever installed new third applications recently, we recommend to check your device in
“Safe mode” or after uninstalling it.To check your device in “Safe mode”,
1. First please turn off your device.
2. After the device has fully turned off, please turn on your device again.
3. As the device is powering up, the device name logo “Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+” will appear
on the screen. When you see this happening, press and hold the “Volume down key”. Your device will
power up in “safe mode”.
4. If you have successfully entered into Safe Mode, you will notice the text ‘Safe Mode’ at the bottom
left corner of the screen.
●If the Safe mode icon does not appear, please go to #1 again.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
We'll respond your query quickly.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Engage on creating and joining the different peer to peer support topics and discussions.
UAE : 24 Hours Hotline number
Qatar : 24 Hours Hotline number
Kuwait : 24 Hours Hotline number
Bahrain : 24 Hours Hotline number
Oman : 24 Hours Hotline number
Samsung PAY (UAE only) : 24 Hours Hotline number
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centers in your area.