Gear IconX: How to connect the earbuds to a mobile device?
To connect your earbuds to a mobile device, install the Samsung Gear app on the mobile device.
Depending on your device,
you can download the Samsung Gear app from the following places:
• Samsung Android devices: Galaxy Apps or apps.samsung.com/gear
• Other Android devices: Play Store or apps.samsung.com/gear
You can download the Samsung Gear app only on mobile devices
running Android operating system 4.4 (API 19) or later, and with 1.5 GB of RAM or more.
From the Earbuds side
1. Insert the earbuds into the charging case, close it, and then take out the earbuds.
2. Put the earbuds in your ears to enter Bluetooth pairing mode.
If the earbuds do not connect to a mobile device within 3 minutes,
Bluetooth pairing mode will be deactivated. To enter Bluetooth pairing mode again,
insert the earbuds into the charging case and close it. Then, put the earbuds in your ears.
From the Mobile device side
3. On the Apps screen, tap Samsung Gear.
(If necessary, update the Samsung Gear app to the latest version.)
4. Tap CONNECT TO GEAR.
5. Tap the name of Gear IconX (i.e: Gear IconX R (0000)).
6. Read the Terms and Conditions on screen instructions and tick the check boxes.
If completed, then tap NEXT.
7. Select the apps to receive notifications from your mobile device and then tap NEXT.
8. Tap NEXT.
9.If completed, you will hear “Connected” from the main earbud.
Once the earbuds are connected with your mobile device,
they will automatically attempt to connect to the mobile device
whenever you put them in your ears.
• If the Bluetooth connection fails or the other device cannot locate the earbuds,
remove the device’s information from the other device’s list. Then, try to connect again.
• Connection methods may vary depending on your device and software version.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert.
We'll respond your query quickly.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Engage on creating and joining the different peer to peer support topics and discussions.
UAE : 24 Hours Hotline number
Qatar : 24 Hours Hotline number
Kuwait : 24 Hours Hotline number
Bahrain : 24 Hours Hotline number
Oman : 24 Hours Hotline number
Samsung PAY (UAE only) : 24 Hours Hotline number
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centers in your area.