Nov 02. 2017
Where do we even start when it comes to the health benefits of yogurt? From its probiotic properties to its amazing texture and great taste, everyone needs a healthy dose of this gooey goodness at least once a day (we’re not doctors but we’re pretty sure that’s the recommended dose ;)) Turns out the secret to whipping up your very own concoction lies right here with the Hot Blast Microwave! Here's how:
- • Milk
- • Powdered milk
- • Yoghurt
- • Fruits and chocolate for toppings
P.S.: You'll also need a thermometer, plastic wrap and a dish cloth.
1. Pour 4 cups of fresh milk into a glass bowl that is safe to use in a microwave.
2. Add 1/4 cup powdered milk and stir well.
3. Put the bowl of milk in the microwave and heat it on high power for 8 to 9 minutes. The temperature of the milk should reach 175 degrees F. After 9 minutes, check the temperature with a food thermometer.
4. Allow the milk to cool down for a few minutes. Keep the thermometer in the bowl and let it cool down until the temperature reads 100 degrees F.
5. Add 2 tbsp. of fresh yogurt (plain flavour from the supermarket is fine). Stir well.
6. Cover the bowl with milk and yogurt with a plastic wrap and wrap a dish towel around it to provide additional insulation.
7. Heat the milk in the microwave for 30 seconds, then remove the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for 1 hour (*Continue heating the yogurt for 40 seconds once per hour for 4 hours)
8. Stir in pieces of cut-up fruit or berries as desired.
9. Store the completed yogurt in the refrigerator after 4 hours and allow it to chill before eating.
Imagine being a guru at making your own yoghurt right at home. It's never been easier. Remember, don't cry over spilt milk, by tomorrow this time, it'll be free yogurt!