Before you Install Windows 8
Windows 8 Installation
Before you can upgrade to Windows 8, you need to download the BIOS update firmware from the Samsung Download Center. For information on how to download the BIOS update, follow the steps below.
All drivers are available through SW Update. For information on using the SW Update, see Updating The BIOS below.
Note:Once you have downloaded the update, follow the information in the Alert at the top of your product Support page, or click Learn More to access it. Learn More
Updating The BIOS
To update the BIOS you will first need to install SW Update on your computer. To install SW Update, click here to download the program.
Once SW Update is installed and fully updated, follow the steps below.
1. Launch the SW Update program using the icon on your desktop or from Start > All Programs > Samsung > SW Update.
2. Click on Update from the left side menu.
3. Click on System BIOS Update and then click Update.
Note: If System BIOS Update does not appear, than your BIOS is already up to date.
4. The BIOS will update on your computer. Your computer will restart during the process.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
0800 545 545
Tanzania 0800 780089
Uganda 0800 300 300
DRC 499 999
Nigeria 0800 726 7864
Ghana 0800 100077
Ivory Coast 8000-0077
Cameroon 67095 0077
0860 726 7864
Zambia 0211 350 370 / 3434
Namibia 08 197 267 864
Angola 917 267 864
Mauritius 800 2550
Reunion 02625088 80
Zimbabwe 0808 0204
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centres in your area