How Can I Limit My Child's PC Usage And Access on Windows 8/8.1?
Family Safety - Limiting Child's PC Usage
Microsoft offers a setting called Family Safety in their Windows 8 OS. Family Safety helps you set limits on the amount of time your child can use the PC, as well as the websites, apps, and games they can use and when they can use them. The instructions provided below will help you access the Family Safety window and turn this setting on. If you would like further details about this feature or the various settings available, click here to go to Microsoft's support article.
To set up Family Safety, you will need:
• A User Account for your child.
• To be signed in to the Administrator Account.
To set up Family Safety, follow the steps below:
- 1. Press the Windows Key and X key.
- 2. Select Control Panel from the menu.
- 3.Click on 'User Accounts and Family Safety'. If you only see 'Family Safety', click it and skip to step 5.
- 4.Click Family Safety.
- 5. Select the User you wish to set Family Safety limits on.
- 6. Click on the circle to the left of 'On, enforce current settings'.
- 7. If you would like to receive information on PC usage, select 'On, collect information about PC usage' under Actively reporting.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
0800 545 545
Tanzania 0800 780089
Uganda 0800 300 300
DRC 499 999
Nigeria 0800 726 7864
Ghana 0800 100077
Ivory Coast 8000-0077
Cameroon 67095 0077
0860 726 7864
Zambia 0211 350 370 / 3434
Namibia 08 197 267 864
Angola 917 267 864
Mauritius 800 2550
Reunion 02625088 80
Zimbabwe 0808 0204
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centres in your area