How do I connect to a Wireless Network in Windows 8/8.1?
Important: If you are setting up your wireless router or access point for the first time, be sure to complete the router's or the access point's initial setup before continuing. Consult the documentation that came with your wireless router or access point for information about how to complete the initial setup.
This guide explains how to connect your PC to a wireless network.
Before connecting your computer to your wireless network, you will need the following information from your router or access point:
- • The SSID (or Network Name)
• The type of security encryption if any (WEP, WPA, etc.)
• The security encryption key or passphrase
• The wireless standard used by your network (802.11a/b/g/n). Not all computers are compatible with all wireless standards. Check the specifications page of your user's manual for details.
Connecting to Your Wireless Network
To connect your PC to your wireless network, follow these steps:
1. Make sure your wireless LAN is on by pressing the Fn key and the F key that displays a Wireless Icon. On most laptops this is the F12 key though it can also be the F9 or F8 key.
2. Move your mouse icon to the top right of your display and then move it vertically down the screen to access the Charms menu. You can also press the Windows + C keys on your keyboard.
3. In the Charms menu, select Settings.
4. In the Settings Menu, click on the Wireless symbol.
5. A list of available wireless networks will appear. Click on the name of your wireless network and then click Connect.
6. If prompted, enter your wireless encryption key or passphrase in the field and then click OK.
7. You are finished connecting to your wireless network.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
0800 545 545
Tanzania 0800 780089
Uganda 0800 300 300
DRC 499 999
0800 726 7864
Ghana 0800 100077
Ivory Coast 8000-0077
Cameroon 67095 0077
0860 726 7864
Zambia 0211 350 370 / 3434
Namibia 08 197 267 864
Mauritius 800 2550
Reunion 02625088 80
Zimbabwe 0808 0204
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centres in your area