How to do when unable To Type @, ~, #, Or Other Keys On My Netbook
STEP 1. How to do when unable To Type @, ~, #, Or Other Keys On My Netbook 1
If you are unable to type @, ~, #, or other keys when pressing the corresponding keys on the keyboard, your keyboard may be set to an improper keyboard language. An example of this is when you press Shift + 2 to type a @, a “ appears instead.
In this case the system was set to UK keyboard, although you are an US keyboard user.
To set your keyboard to the US keyboard language, follow these steps (Windows XP).
1. Click Start and then click “Control Panel”.
2. Click “Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options”.
3. Click “Regional and Language Options”.
4. Click the “Languages” tab and then click Details.
STEP 2. How to do when unable To Type @, ~, #, Or Other Keys On My Netbook 2
5. Click the Add button.
6. In the list of Input Languages, select English (United States), and then click OK.
7. Click and highlight any languages other than English (United States) – US and then click the Remove button.
8. Click OK. You may be prompted to restart the computer. If you are not prompted to restart the computer, manually restart the computer by clicking the start menu and selecting Restart.
9. Once the computer has restarted, the keys should be functioning.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
0800 545 545
Tanzania 0800 780089
Uganda 0800 300 300
DRC 499 999
0800 726 7864
Ghana 0800 100077
Ivory Coast 8000-0077
Cameroon 67095 0077
0860 726 7864
Zambia 0211 350 370 / 3434
Namibia 08 197 267 864
Mauritius 800 2550
Reunion 02625088 80
Zimbabwe 0808 0204
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centres in your area