Can I remove the USB cable that is connected to PC during the software upgrade?
You must not remove USB cable during software upgrade.
However, you might have to remove the device while upgrading.
Please note that your phone may not function when this has happened.
If you remove USB cable during upgrade, you may see ‘download fail’ image on the phone’s LCD. In this case, you can try to download one more time only by reconnecting USB cable.
It is necessary to transfer data by USB cable during software upgrade. However, if you remove the cable before completing update, PC will not send required data to your device and upgrade will be aborted.
It is not recommended to remove your USB cable during SW upgrade. This may cause abnormal operation of your devices. The following is the process of upgrade. You can remove USB cable safely after completing upgrade.
1. Download Mode image will be displayed during download.
2. Your phone will be rebooting automatically after download is done. You can remove the USB cable after this step. However, it is highly recommended that the cable be connected even after completing upgrade because it gives stable power to your device for next steps.
3. If the device supports multi-languages, it will setup language automatically before booting. It takes about 5mins.
4. You can see Start screen after booting is done. Now you can remove the USB cable safely.
If booting has been finished without any abnormal operation, your phone is upgraded successfully.
※Important : Please do not remove the USB cable before upgrade is done.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
0800 545 545
Tanzania 0800 780089
Uganda 0800 300 300
DRC 499 999
0800 726 7864
Ghana 0800 100077
Ivory Coast 8000-0077
Cameroon 67095 0077
0860 726 7864
Zambia 0211 350 370 / 3434
Namibia 08 197 267 864
Mauritius 800 2550
Reunion 02625088 80
Zimbabwe 0808 0204
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centres in your area