How can I charge the battery of Gear S?
Use the charger to charge the battery before using it for the first time. A computer
can be also used to charge the Gear by connecting them via the USB cable. Use only
Samsung-approved chargers, batteries, and cables. Unapproved chargers or cables
can cause the battery to explode or damage the Gear.
• If the battery is completely discharged, the Gear cannot be turned on immediately
when the charger is connected. Allow a depleted battery to charge for a few minutes
before turning on the Gear.
• The charging dock provided with the Gear is used for charging the Gear’s battery.
Take care not to lose the dock.
• Before charging the battery ensure that the charging terminals of the Gear and the
charging dock are free of foreign material, such as sweat, liquid, or dust. Clean the
charging terminals with a soft dry cloth.
1. Confirm the location of the charging terminals on the Gear and the charging dock.
2. Connect the Gear to the charging dock with the charging terminals facing each other.
3. Plug the USB cable into the multipurpose jack of the charging dock.
4. Connect the USB cable to the USB power adaptor and plug it into an electric socket. Connecting the charger improperly may cause serious damage to the Gear. Any damage caused by misuse is not covered by the warranty.
• While charging, some features are not available.
• If the Gear receives an unstable power supply while charging, the touch screen may not function. If this happens, unplug the charger from the Gear.
• While charging, the Gear may heat up. This is normal and should not affect the Gear’s lifespan or performance. If the battery gets hotter than usual, the charger may stop charging.
• If the Gear is not charging properly, contact to a Samsung Service Centre.
After fully charging, disconnect the Gear from the charging dock. Then, disconnect the charging dock from the USB cable and unplug the USB power adapter from the electric socket.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
0800 545 545
Tanzania 0800 780089
Uganda 0800 300 300
DRC 499 999
0800 726 7864
Ghana 0800 100077
Ivory Coast 8000-0077
Cameroon 67095 0077
0860 726 7864
Zambia 0211 350 370 / 3434
Namibia 08 197 267 864
Mauritius 800 2550
Reunion 02625088 80
Zimbabwe 0808 0204
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centres in your area