How do I register fingerprints on the Galaxy S6/S6 Edge?
To register fingerprints, follow the steps below:
1. On the Settings screen, tap Lock screen and security.
2. Tap Fingerprint.
3. Tap Add finger print.
4. Read a disclaimer, and then tap Confirm.
5. Place your finger on the Home key.
6. Lift your finger when the device vibrates, and then place it on the Home key again.
7. Repeat this action using the same finger until the fingerprint is registered.
8. Tap CONTINUE, and then place tip of same finger on the Home key then lift is off.
If adding thumbprint, refer to guide image.
9. When a screen appears requesting to register a backup password, enter the backup password,
and then tap CONTINUE.
10. Enter the backup password again to verify it, and then tap OK.
You can use the backup password instead of scanning your fingerprints.
11. When a fingerprint lock pop-up window appears, tap OK.
You can use your fingerprints to unlock the screen.
12. Now, screen is locked by Fingerprints lock.
13. Alternatively, you can enter a password to use when the fingerprint recognition function
is temporarily unavailable.
Tap BACKUP PASSWORD .
14.Enter the backup password.
15. Tap Done.
To unlock the lock screen, place your registered finger on the Home key.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
0800 545 545
Tanzania 0800 780089
Uganda 0800 300 300
DRC 499 999
0800 726 7864
Ghana 0800 100077
Ivory Coast 8000-0077
Cameroon 67095 0077
0860 726 7864
Zambia 0211 350 370 / 3434
Namibia 08 197 267 864
Mauritius 800 2550
Reunion 02625088 80
Zimbabwe 0808 0204
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centres in your area