How to take Screenshots
How to take Screenshots
You can capture screenshots by pressing the Home key and the Power/Lock key simultaneously. The screenshot will be copied to the clipboard and saved to the Screenshots folder in Gallery.
Using Motion Gesture
Your mobile device supports a "palm swipe to capture screenshot" gesture. To turn off/on the feature, from the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > My device > Motions and gestures > Palm motion.
Note: The Settings menu view type may be set to list view. To switch to tab view, from the Settings menu, touch Menu > Switch to tab view.
Touch the slider to turn Palm motion on . Touch the slider to turn Capture screen on . You can now capture a screenshot by touching the screen with the side of your hand and swiping across from left to right or vice versa.
The screenshot will be copied to the clipboard and saved to the Screenshots folder in Gallery.
Viewing Your Screenshots
- To open a screenshot immediately after you capture it, open the Notification Panel by swiping your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom, and touch Screenshot captured. Or, to view your screenshots at any time, from the Home screen, touch Apps > Gallery > Screenshots.
- Touch the desired screenshot.
- When viewing the screenshot, the following icons are available at the top of the screen:
- Change player: Play your media on a nearby compatible DLNA® enabled device.
- Share via: Share the screenshot with Bluetooth®, Email, Gmail™, Messaging, or Wi-Fi Direct.
Note: Additional sharing options may be available on your device. The options may vary based on applications installed and features you have activated.
- Delete: Delete the image file.
- Camera: Open the camera application.
- Touch Menu for the following additional options:
- Edit: Edit the screenshot.
- Favorite: Add the screenshot to your favorites.
- Slideshow: Start a slideshow of the screenshots in the folder.
- Photo frame: Add a decorative frame to the screenshot.
- Photo note: Flip the image over and handwrite a note.
- Copy to clipboard: Copy the screenshot to the device clipboard for pasting into other applications.
- Print: Print the image to an available printer via a wireless network, Wi-Fi Direct™, or USB cable.
- Rename: Rename the file.
- Buddy photo share: Tag the screenshot for easy sharing with a contact.
- Crop: Crop unwanted areas out of the screenshot.
- Detect text: Detect any text in the screenshot. When text is detected, you can copy the text to the clipboard for use in other apps.
- Set as: Set the picture as a Contact photo, Home screen, Lock screen, or Home and lock screens wallpaper.
- Details: Show technical information about the picture, such as the size.
- Settings: View and edit Gallery settings. View accounts available for syncing with the Gallery. Select when sync should occur. Turn on Tag buddy, Face tag, and Auto play sound when pictures are taken in Sound & shot mode.
You can Delete, Edit, and Share screenshots from the Notification Panel. Touch Screenshot captured with two fingers slightly apart and swipe down to expand and display all options. To automatically edit the screenshot after it is captured, touch Menu > Settings > My device > Display and place a check mark next to Edit after screen capture.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
0800 545 545
Tanzania 0800 780089
Uganda 0800 300 300
DRC 499 999
0800 726 7864
Ghana 0800 100077
Ivory Coast 8000-0077
Cameroon 67095 0077
0860 726 7864
Zambia 0211 350 370 / 3434
Namibia 08 197 267 864
Mauritius 800 2550
Reunion 02625088 80
Zimbabwe 0808 0204
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centres in your area