Poor call quality and call drops on my phone
The GT-S8000 (Jet) is more dependant on the strength of the radio signal, as it activates on radio waves.
• Low success rate of call connection
Some variables that may affect call quality are:
• Low network signal
• Installation of 3rd party applications
In the case of poor call quality and call drops, please check the followings.
1. Check Idle screen display of handset.
• Name of service provider (PLMN) should be displayed properly and this should be matched with your SIM card provider and roaming partners.
• Signal bar should be displayed with bars.
2. Check number of signal bar on the idle screen.
• Your device should display minimum 2 signal bars to receive incoming calls and make outgoing calls.
3. Check individual signal level of 2G and 3G.
• Select Main menu > Select Setting > Select Network settings
• Select Network mode
• Select GSM 900/1800 to check 2G signal level.
• Select UMTS 900/2100 to check 3G signal level.
• Select other network mode if you want (Change to automatic again if you are moving to another area.)
• If handset can do this automatically, Automatic setting will be strongly recommended.
4. If you still have same problem, power off and turn on handset.
If you do not find any abnormal symptom after having done the steps above, please contact your network operator for assiatance.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
0800 545 545
Tanzania 0800 780089
Uganda 0800 300 300
DRC 499 999
Nigeria 0800 726 7864
Ghana 0800 100077
Ivory Coast 8000-0077
Cameroon 67095 0077
0860 726 7864
Zambia 0211 350 370 / 3434
Namibia 08 197 267 864
Angola 917 267 864
Mauritius 800 2550
Reunion 02625088 80
Zimbabwe 0808 0204
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centres in your area