What should I do for saving the battery of Gear S?
To reduce battery consumption and save, there are some of tips.
1. Set mobile networks option to Auto or Off. Enabling mobile networks always
on will significantly increase battery consumption.
On All apps screen of Gear S, tap Settings → Connections → Mobile networks
→ Use mobile network → Select “Auto on/off” or “Always off”
2. When you have the mobile device nearby, please disable the
“Forward calls to Gear” feature.
You can set the mobile device to forward incoming calls to the Gear and
use this feature when the Gear is connected to the mobile device via the
remote connection feature. But, please enable this call forwarding feature
when mobile device is placed on far distance since this increase battery consumption.
On All apps screen of Gear S, tap Settings → Call → Call forwarding→ Disable
3. You can set the Gear to receive notifications from the mobile device with a
variety of events, such as missed calls or new messages.
But, please select the minimum necessary alerts to notify.
On mobile device, tap Samsung Gear → Notifications → Manage notifications → alerts
4. Receive notifications, except incoming call alerts and alarms, on your Gear while
its screen is turned off.
On mobile device, tap Samsung Gear → Notifications → tick “Keep screen off” option
5. What you don’t use “Wake-up gesture” feature on Gear S will help to save the battery.
To wake up the Gear, you can raise the arm that your Gear is on and look at the
Gear’s screen via Wake-up gesture. But, this feature may consume more of
the Gear’s battery power because its motion sensor is always on.
On mobile device, tap Samsung Gear → Settings → Motions → Wake-up gesture
6. On S Voice, turn off the Voice wake-up feature.
On All apps screen of Gear S, select S Voice → more option → Voice wake-up
→ Un-tick Voice wake-up
7. What you don’t use “Clock always on” feature on Gear S will help to save the battery
because it set the Gear to display a clock when the screen is turned off.
On All apps screen of Gear S, tap Settings → Style → Clocks → Un-tick Clock always on
8. Activate power saving mode to save the battery power by limiting the Gear’s functions.
On All apps screen of Gear S, tap Settings → Power saving → Power saving mode
→ Enable Power saving mode.
In power saving mode, the Gear performs the following:
• Displays colors on the screen as grey tones.
• Deactivates the clock always on feature.
• Deactivates the mobile data connection when the screen turns off.
• Deactivates the Wi-Fi and motion features.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
0800 545 545
Tanzania 0800 780089
Uganda 0800 300 300
DRC 499 999
0800 726 7864
Ghana 0800 100077
Ivory Coast 8000-0077
Cameroon 67095 0077
0860 726 7864
Zambia 0211 350 370 / 3434
Namibia 08 197 267 864
Mauritius 800 2550
Reunion 02625088 80
Zimbabwe 0808 0204
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centres in your area