Theater Systems: Disc Type And Characteristics
1. Disc types that can be played
2. Discs that cannot be played
• HD DVD
• 3.9 GB DVD-R Disc for Authoring.
• DVD-RW (VR mode)
• DVD-ROM/PD/MV-Disc, etc
• 3 1/2 inch MD (mini disc)
• Some commercial discs and DVD discs purchased outside your region may not be playable with this product. When these discs are played, either “This disc can not be played.” or “Please check the regional code of the disc.” Will be displayed.
• If a DVD-RW/-R disc has not been recorded properly in DVD video format, it will not be playable.
• The unit cannot play CD-RW/CD-R and DVD-RW/-R and USB storage device content such as Divx, Avi, Mpg, Mov.
3. Region code
• Both the Blu-ray Disc Player and the discs are coded by region. These regional codes must match in order to play the disc. If the codes do not match, the disc will not play. The Region Number for this Blu-ray Disc Player is described on the rear panel of the Blu-ray Disc Player.
• Blu-ray Disc Region Code
Blu-ray Disc Region Code
North America, Central America, South America, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong and South East Asia.
Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
India,China, Russia, Central and south Asia.
• DVD Disc Region Code
DVD Region Code
The U.S., U.S. territories and Canada
Europe, Japan, the Middle East, Egypt, South Africa, Greenland
Taiwan, Korea, the Philippines, Indonesia, Hong Kong
Mexico, South America, Central America, Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Caribbean
Russia, Eastern Europe, India, most of Africa, North Korea, Mongolia
4. Blu-ray Disc Compatibility
Blu-ray Disc is a new and evolving format. Accordingly, disc compatibility issues are possible. Not all discs are compatible and not every disc will play back. For additional information, refer to the Compliance and Compatibility Notice section of Manual. If you encounter compatibility problems, please contact the SAMSUNG customer care center at SAMSUNG.
- Playback may not work for some types of discs, or when specific operations, such as angle change and aspect ratio adjustment, are being performed. Information about the discs is written in detail on the disc box. Please refer to this if necessary.
- Do not allow the disc to become dirty or scratched. Fingerprints, dirt, dust, scratches or deposits of cigarette smoke on the recording surface may make it impossible to use the disc for playback.
- When a BD-J title is played, loading may take longer than a normal title, or some functions may perform slowly.
5. Disc Types
The Blu-ray Disc can only be played back. BD-ROM disc contains pre-recorded data. Although a BD-ROM may contain any form of data, most BD-ROM discs will contain movies in High Definition format for playback on Blu-ray Disc Player's. This unit can play back pre-recorded commercial BD-ROM discs.
Blu-ray Disc Rewritable/Blu-ray Disc Recordable. BD-RE/BD-R is the ideal format for making backups, or recording personal video.
A digital versatile disc (DVD) can contain up to 135-minutes of images, 8 audio languages and 32 subtitle languages. It is equipped with MPEG-2 picture compression and Dolby Digital surround, allowing you to enjoy vivid and clear theatre quality images.
• When switching from the first layer to the second layer of a dual-layered DVD Video disc, there may be momentary distortion in the image and sound. This is not a malfunction of the unit.
• Once a DVD-RW/-R recorded in Video Mode is finalized, it becomes DVD-Video. Pre-recorded (pre-stamped) commercial DVDs with movies are also referred to as DVD-Videos. This unit can play back pre-recorded commercial DVD discs (DVD-Video discs) with movies.
• An audio disc on which 44.1kHz PCM Audio is recorded.
• This unit can play back CD-DA format audio CD-RW and CD-R discs.
• The unit may not be able to play/ Use a 700MB(80 minutes) CD-RW/CD-R80 disc. If possible, do not use a 800MB(90 minutes) or above disc, as the disc may not play back.\If the CD-RW/CD-R disc was not recorded as a closed session, you may experience delays when playing back the beginning of the disc or all recorded files may not play.
• Some CD-RW/CD-R discs may not be playable with this unit, depending on the device which was used to burn them.For contents recorded on CD-RW/CD-R media from CDs for your personal use, playability may vary depending on contents and discs.
DVD-R Disc Playback
• Once a DVD-R recorded in Video Mode is finalized, it becomes DVD-Video.
• This unit can play back DVD-R discs recorded and finalized with a DVD video recorder. It may not be able to play some DVD-R discs depending on the disc and the condition of the recording.
DVD-RW Disc Playback
• Playback can be performed with DVD-RW discs recorded in the Video Mode and finalized.
• Once a DVD-RW recorded in Video Mode is finalized, it becomes DVD-Video. Ability to play back may depend on recording conditions.
6. Disc Format
• This is a format that is used for recording data on a DVD-RW or DVD-R disc. The disc can be played by this Blu-ray Disc Player once it has been finalized.
AVCHD (Advanced Video Codec High Definition)
• This player can playback AVCHD format discs. These discs are normally recorded and used in camcorders.
• The AVCHD format is a high definition digital video camera format.
• The MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format is capable of compressing images at higher efficiency than that of the conventional image compressing format.
• Some AVCHD discs use the “x.v.Color” format. This player can playback AVCHD discs using “x.v.Color” format.
• “x.v.Color” is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
• “AVCHD” and the AVCHD logo are trademarks of Matsushita Electronic Industrial Co., Ltd. and Sony Corporation.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
0800 545 545
Tanzania 0800 780089
Uganda 0800 300 300
DRC 499 999
Nigeria 0800 726 7864
Ghana 0800 100077
Ivory Coast 8000-0077
Cameroon 67095 0077
0860 726 7864
Zambia 0211 350 370 / 3434
Namibia 08 197 267 864
Angola 917 267 864
Mauritius 800 2550
Reunion 02625088 80
Zimbabwe 0808 0204
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centres in your area