Windows Media Player Is Not Detecting My Device.
If your player is only Windows XP Compatible, you must have the following installed on your computer for the Device to be recognized by Windows Media Player.
- Windows XP (required to install Windows Media Player version 10)
- Service Pack 1 or 2
- Windows Media Player version 10
To see which version of Windows and which Service Pack is installed:
- Click Start
- Right click on "My Computer" and select "Properties"
- Click the "General" tab
- On the General tab, in the "System:" section, it will tell you which version of Windows you have (needs to be XP Home or XP Professional) and if you have a Service Pack installed, it will let you know which one.
If you do not have Windows XP, you will not be able to
use this device on your computer.
If Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2 is not listed on the General tab of System Properties, you must download and install Service Pack 1 or 2 from Microsoft.
To see which version of Windows Media Player you have:
- Open Windows Media Player.
- In Windows Media Player, click "Help"
"About Windows Media Player".
If it is not version 10, please you must update to version 10 by clicking "Help" Check for Player Updates or directly from the Microsoft Website
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
0800 545 545
Tanzania 0800 780089
Uganda 0800 300 300
DRC 499 999
Nigeria 0800 726 7864
Ghana 0800 100077
Ivory Coast 8000-0077
Cameroon 67095 0077
0860 726 7864
Zambia 0211 350 370 / 3434
Namibia 08 197 267 864
Angola 917 267 864
Mauritius 800 2550
Reunion 02625088 80
Zimbabwe 0808 0204
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centres in your area