Transfer from your Android phone
You will need:
- Your old compatible Android smartphone and its USB cable.
- Your new Galaxy smartphone and its USB connector.
- New Galaxy smartphone logged into a Gmail account.
- Full battery on both smartphones.
- Latest version of Smart Switch on the new Galaxy smartphone and the old compatible Android smartphone.
- Connect the compatible Android smartphone and the Galaxy smartphone using your old USB cable and the USB connector.
- Select Smart Switch app on new Galaxy smartphone.
- Select 'USB CABLE' method of transfer from the menu.
- Select 'RECEIVE' and wait as your device data is read.
- Tap 'ALLOW' on the old compatible Android smartphone.
- If prompted, update the Smart Switch app on your Android smartphone.
- New Galaxy smartphone will automatically search for content items.
- Select content items you wish to transfer over, then tap 'TRANSFER'.
- Wait for the content items to transfer.
- On the Galaxy smartphone, tap 'CLOSE APP' at the bottom of the app page.