Samsung honoured with seven accolades at Australia's Good Design Awards
Samsung’s CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor and Samsung Gear IconX® win Good Design Award Gold
Samsung Electronics Australia has been lauded at the 60th annual Good Design Awards for its development of products that use design to improve lives. The awards are hosted by Good Design Australia and are a globally recognised celebration and mark of innovation and excellence in design across a wide range of markets, industries, and categories.
Samsung products including home appliances, QuickDrive™, FlexWash®, POWERstick PRO®, and mobile products, Samsung DeX® and Samsung Pay® were honoured as Good Design Award® Winners. In addition, Samsung’s wireless earbuds, IconX® and the 49-inch CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor were named Good Design Award® Gold Winners.
"Designing products and experiences with purpose is our mission at Samsung. Truly understanding customer needs is what allows us to innovate across such a broad range of categories," said Joshua Grace, Chief Marketing Officer, Samsung Electronics Australia. "Whether it’s home appliances, audio products, or smartphones, Samsung is devoted to designs that make lives simpler and easier."
"Samsung is humbled to be recognised at such a well-respected level. We would like to thank Good Design Australia for its celebration of design excellence," Grace added.
On Samsung’s winning products, the Good Design Awards Jury said:
- Samsung IconX® "Materials and manufacturing standard is excellent. Even the case makes you want to own it and put it in your pocket. The product provides a really good feeling in the ear with customisable inserts that are secure and easy to use. Details are well thought through and highly resolved. Good choice of materials and good little details that add to the overall experience of using the product. The little container charger feels good to the hand and also has clever design details. Well done to the Samsung Design Team."
- Samsung CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor "Nicely executed design and a very elegant solution aimed at a specific market. The curved screen enhances the playing experience and has a wow factor without being too dominant.
- The overall ergonomics and controls are very intuitive and in-line with high-end consumer televisions. The massive screen is amazingly easy to tilt and to raise up and down - really beautifully resolved. This is a great alternative to double or triple screen setups and will do very well in the market."
- Samsung QuickDrive™ Front Load Washing Machine Range "This front load washing machine has so many clever design features all aimed at reducing washing time. The Jury was particularly impressed with the innovative steam wash cycles that can reduce up to 99.9% of common bacteria - a game-changer in the laundry appliance market."
- Samsung FlexWash® "Dual wash and mid wash door is a great innovation. The dual sections for wash is a wonderful design feature. This washing machine provides the option to wash smaller loads separately as well as the little add-in door, that allows people to add forgotten items during a wash. These two features are an innovative shift forward for washing machines."
- Samsung POWERstick PRO® "This cordless stick vacuum delivers amazing suction and has been ergonomically designed for ease of use. Cordless stick vacuum cleaners are becoming very popular and this is clearly a standout product in a competitive market. A good example of considered design wrapped up with great technology."
- Samsung DeX® "The Samsung DeX is really well designed and clearly innovative in the area of phone to computer monitor technologies. This is a clever little thing that magnifies the mobile phone. Love it."
Winners were announced at the Good Design Awards Ceremony, which was hosted at the Sydney Opera House on 17 May 2018. The full list of winners can be found here https://good-design.org/2018-gooddesign-award-winners-announced/
Products that received Good Design Awards will be showcased for Australians during Vivid Sydney, the world's biggest festival of light, music and ideas in Sydney from 25-27 May 2018 at the Overseas Passenger Terminal, Circular Quay.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies.
The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, network systems, and memory, system LSI, foundry and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at http://news.samsung.com