Samsung Electronics Australia Expands Smartwatch Portfolio with Gear S3
Samsung Electronics Australia announces today that the Samsung Gear S3 is available now for pre-order through Harvey Norman, Samsung Experience Stores, and the Samsung Online store, with wider on-sale availability from 18 November. The Gear S3 is designed to create a synergy between classic watch form and design and is the most advanced wearable technology Samsung has ever created.
The latest watch design from Samsung is inspired by the tradition of a classic timepiece and complemented by mobile technology that will support a highly customisable experience built to support the demands of a busy and adventurous lifestyle. Key features include quick access to apps via the rotating circular bezel, in-built GPS, health and fitness tracking, IP68 water resistancei, built in speaker and microphone.
The Samsung Gear S3 is available in two striking designs, the Gear S3 Frontier and Gear S3 Classic, each specifically crafted to tailor to different consumer styles and environments. The Gear S3 Frontier features a rugged look and feel that is supported by Corning® Gorilla® Glass SR+, which is specifically designed for wearable devices to provide a tough, scratch resistant and crisp display, The Gear S3 classic offers consumers elegant styling, with its size and shape chosen to offer consistency and balance of a well-crafted luxury watch. Both devices also offer water and dust resistance (IP68),i making them perfect for the Australian lifestyle.
As an incentive, consumers will receive a hero red watch band as featured on the S3 Frontier for every pre-sale order with a participating retailer.ii Both devices utilise easily interchangeable and widely available standard 22mm watch bands. “We are proud to release the Gear S3 classic and frontier smartwatches. We believe Australians will enjoy these beautifully crafted timepieces which have been designed to offer a classic watch experience, as well as the incredible functionality of our most advanced wearable technology,” said Richard Fink Vice President for IT and Mobile, Samsung Electronics Australia. “These latest additions to our range of watches combine design, functionality and an intuitive interface that have been created to make navigation of content and apps incredibly smooth.”
Key features include:
• Gear S3 is compatible with 22mm watch bands, making it easy to personalise to match any outfit or special occasion.
• 16-megapixel full-colour Always On Display (AOD) and Super AMOLED technology - the AOD always shows the time rather than automatically fading to black, offering a sophisticated watch face that mimics the look and feel of luxury analogue watch.
• The Gear S3’s signature rotating bezel has been enhanced with new features. Without touching the screen, users can accept or reject a calliii or snooze an alarm. In addition, by writing on the display, messages will automatically convert to text.iii Users can also create short reminders and to-do lists to manage even the most hectic schedules with the Reminders application.
• The built-in GPS tracker functionality enables users to accurately monitor their daily fitness activities while the Alti/barometer and Speedometer allow users to track everything from altitude and atmospheric pressure to sudden changes in weather, distance travelled and speed.iv
• Gear S3 meets IP68 standards for water resistance and offers military-level durability.
• Corning® Gorilla® Glass SR+, which is specifically designed for wearable devices to provide a tough, scratch resistant and crisp display.
Full functionality requires calibration and a connection to a compatible smartphone with internet access. For full details, please see: www.samsung.com/au/gear-s3 The Gear S3 has an RRP of $599 and is available on pre-sale from Harvey Norman, Samsung Experience Stores and the Samsung online store. Consumers who order a Gear S3 from a participating retailer during the pre-sale will receive a bonus red watch band (T&Cs apply).ii
i Certified IP86 water-resistant in fresh water up to 1.5 metres for 30 minutes.
ii Offer runs from 7 November 2016 to 17 November 2016. Terms and conditions apply. See www.samsung.com/au/gear-s3 for details.
iii Feature requires connection to compatible smartphone.
iv Full functionality requires calibration and connection to compatible smartphone with internet access.