SYDNEY, Australia – Thursday 3rd September: Samsung Electronics Australia has today expanded its lifestyle television offering with the launch of The Terrace QLED 4K TV and Soundbar, a new category that takes the indoor home entertainment experience outdoors. Available in 55, 65 and 75-inch models, The Terrace is built for outdoor entertainment1 and delivers Samsung’s industry-leading QLED technology, Smart TV features and a powerful audio experience.
“As a nation we love the outdoors and entertaining, especially as we come into summer, and The Terrace brings outdoor entertainment to life,” explains Hass Mahdi, Director of Audio Visual, Samsung Electronics Australia. “With a crystal clear QLED display and advanced Anti-Glare Technology, The Terrace is ideal to watch the big game with mates over a BBQ, or enjoy a family movie night on a warm summer’s evening.”
“The home is our sanctuary. Now more than ever as we adjust to life in the absence of large sporting events, live entertainment, and big gatherings - there is a demand for entertainment at home on the big screen”.
Built for Outdoor Entertaining
Offering a 4K resolution QLED display with 2,000 nits brightness (that’s three times the brightness of a TU8000 Samsung TV), it delivers clear visibility in outdoor conditions, whatever time you choose to turn it on. The Terrace also has an IP552 weather resistance rating3, which means you can take the action outside with peace-of-mind, and enjoy a new kind of match day or movie night. Additionally, The Terrace includes Samsung’s advanced Anti-Glare Technology which helps stop reflections and glare getting in the way of the action.
The display is also perfect for sports fans; with a high 200Hz Motion Rate which is ideal for fast-moving content. Whether you’re manning the BBQ or sitting by the garden, the Wide Viewing Angle will help ensure you're not missing out on the action.
Smart TV Experience Australians Know and Love
Bringing the same experience Australians expect from some of Samsung’s QLED 8K and 4K models, The Terrace comes with coveted features including Multi View* and Tap View^ for mobile connectivity, built-in voice assistants including Bixby and Alexa, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connectivity. Allowing Aussies to watch, listen, and play their favourite content
at the touch of a button, with access to leading apps including Netflix, YouTube, Foxtel, Kayo and Disney+⁵. Intelligent Mode adapts picture and sound to the TV’s surroundings4 so no matter how loud your mates get on match day, you’ll still enjoy incredible picture and sound quality.
TV and Sound in Harmony
The Terrace Soundbar boasts powerful sound that compliments an outdoor TV entertainment experience.⁶ Featuring a sleek, one-body design and IP55 level weather-resistance², The Terrace Soundbar can be mounted to a wall, or directly to The Terrace TV. It boasts a crisp 3.0 channel audio and Distortion Cancelling technology to provide clear sound to enhance your next outdoor movie night, whilst the wide range tweeters help ensure that every area is a sweet spot. The Terrace TV also has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, allowing it to be paired with The Terrace Soundbar or other devices wirelessly for a hassle-free installation.
Designed perfectly for undercover entertaining spaces, The Terrace offers a durable design with an included wall mount. To protect your new prized possession when not in use it comes with a dust cover included with every purchase. The Terrace TV also comes with a weather resistant remote that can control both the TV and Soundbar.⁷
Pricing and Availability
The Terrace is available at leading retailers nationally and online at www.samsung.com.au from October, 2020. To be first in line, you can pre-order now from Harvey Norman, JB Hi-Fi and The Good Guys.
The Terrace 4K QLED TV – 75-inch $10,999 RRP
The Terrace 4K QLED TV – 65-inch $7,999 RRP
The Terrace 4K QLED TV- 55-inch $5,999 RRP
The Terrace Soundbar $1,299 RRP
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, network systems, and memory, system LSI, foundry and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at http://news.samsung.com.
1. Recommend installation undercover, protected from direct sunlight and severe weather.
2. An IP55 rating means that under test conditions the product is protected against quantities of dust that could interfere with the normal operation of the product but is not fully dust tight. It is also protected against low pressure water jets projected by a nozzle (6.3mm) from any angle with limited ingress. According to accredited test results, individual results may vary. Note: IP55 rating does not mean that the device is waterproof.
3. Operates smoothly at temperatures between -30 to 50⁰. Recommended that The Terrace is installed undercover, and is not exposed to severe weather conditions such as heavy rain and thunderstorms. Recommend wipe down after exposure to water or dust and the cover is used at all times when not in use.
4. Picture and sound quality of upscaled content will vary depending on quality and resolution of source content.
5. Internet required. Data and subscription charges may apply. Apps may be subject to change without notice.
6. Soundbar sold separately.
7. Remote has IP56 rating meaning that the device is protected against dust and strong jets of water with limited ingress under certain defined test conditions. According to accredited test results, individual results may vary. Note: IP56 rating does not mean the product is waterproof.
*Feature is available on Android 6.0 and higher mobile devices that support Mirror Casting and Apple devices compatible with Apple AirPlay2.
^Compatible Samsung devices that support Smartthings Application only. Smartthings App may be required to be installed and running on phone to utilze feature. Service may not be available at launch or time of purchase