Samsung partners with Telstra to deliver Galaxy S10 5G to Australians
Samsung Electronics Australia and Telstra today announced that Australians will be among the first in the world to experience 5G connectivity when the new Galaxy S10 5G is launched in Australia1. Customers who purchase a Galaxy S10+ through Telstra prior to the Galaxy S10 5G launch will be eligible to upgrade to the Galaxy S10 5G at no extra cost when it is released in the first half of 20192.
Galaxy S10 5G represents a milestone for Samsung as its first 5G-enabled smartphone. Over the coming months and years, 5G will play a critical role in transforming the lives of Australians by delivering access to the fastest mobile internet speeds Australia has ever seen.
Garry McGregor, Vice President of IT and Mobile, Samsung Electronics Australia said: “5G speeds will demonstrate unparalleled connectivity and be critical in transforming the way Australians live, work, connect and communicate. Capable of speeds up to 20 times faster than 4G3, 5G will also be integral to advancing AI, IoT and computing technologies, which are key to bringing-to-life Samsung’s vision for a connected future.
“Out-of-the-box, Galaxy S10 5G will also unlock new experiences for our customers thanks to hyper-fast upload and download speeds. For example, the ability to download a full-length feature movie to your mobile device in seconds and enhancing real-time applications like AR, VR, gaming and video conferencing.”
Galaxy S10 5G also builds on Samsung’s heritage by delivering an incredible screen with a 6.7-inch Infinity-O Display4, a bigger and faster-charging battery5, and an all-new camera experience. Galaxy S10 5G will also incorporate a revolutionary set of features to the Galaxy experience including Infinity-O Display, vault-like security with its ultrasonic in-display fingerprint sensor and can even wirelessly charge other compatible devices with Wireless PowerShare6.
Samsung optimises its smartphones for each Australian network to deliver the best possible mobile experience on its devices. Samsung and Telstra have a long-history of collaboration, which has included Blue Tick7 certification for select devices8 to deliver optimal coverage in rural and regional areas and the implementation of VoLTE9 so Samsung customers can enjoy clear calls and fast connection times.
Samsung is deeply invested in working with all Australian operator partners to deliver the best possible experience and by delivering superfast mobile internet speeds for all Australians. Samsung continues to work with all operator partners in Australia to put the power of fast, reliable 5G service into the hands of its customers. Future 5G partners to be announced.
Telstra initially is deploying 5G into its mobile network in the major capital city CBDs and other select high traffic areas and will be progressively rolling out to other areas. Find out more about Telstra’s 5G at www.telstra.com.au/coverage-networks/5G
2. Subject to the full terms & conditions of Telstra’s upgrade offer once available that includes but is not limited to: customers must maintain their existing plan and return their Galaxy S10+ in good working order up to 21 days after the 5G device becomes available.
3. Actual speeds achieved will vary depending on service availability and other factors.
4. Screen measured diagonally without accounting for rounded corners.
5. Compared to the Samsung Galaxy S9.
6. Wireless PowerShare limited to Samsung or other brand smartphones and wearables with WPC Qi wireless charging. May not work with certain accessories, covers, or other brand devices. May affect call reception or data services, depending on your network environment. Requires at least 30% battery life on Galaxy S10 5G.
7. Blue Tick signifying that a device has been thoroughly tested and delivers superior voice coverage in rural and regional areas, ensuring optimal call quality for customers. Current Samsung Blue Tick handsets include Galaxy S9 and S9+, Note9, Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S8 and S8+, Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, Galaxy A5 and Galaxy J2 pro.
8. Current VoLTE handsets include Galaxy S9 and S9+, Note9, Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S8 and S8+, Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, Galaxy A5 and Galaxy J2 pro.