Setting up your Side by Side fridge
Please Note: The information on this page is for Australian products only. Models, sequences error codes or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
Follow our simple checklist to ensure your fridge is set up and ready to keep everything fresh at your place.
To ensure your fridge works as efficiently as possible, select a location that has:
- A solid, level surface without carpeting or flooring that may obstruct ventilation.
- Plenty of room for opening and closing the doors.
- No direct sunlight and away from a heat source.
- Room temperatures between 5°C and 43°C.
- Enough space around your fridge: 50mm from each side and 100mm from the top. For more information, click here.
The spacer is the small block that attaches to the back of your fridge to ventilate the rear wall and help save on power consumption. To install yours:
Once you've selected the right location and attached the spacer, you can slide your fridge into position. Make sure you have someone to help.
Your fridge must be levelled on a flat, solid floor. Failing to do so can cause damage to the fridge or injury.
Level the fridge
If your fridge isn't level, simply adjust each leveller (a special screw) on the front legs with a flat-head screwdriver. Turn the leveller clockwise to raise, or counter clockwise to lower.
Things to remember
- Your fridge must be empty before you level it. Make sure you haven’t left anything inside.
- For safety, adjust the front side a little higher than the rear side.
- For more information, see page 30 of your user manual here.
If you’ve noticed your fridge doors aren’t quite lining up, you can adjust their height individually. Here’s how.
- To raise the door, turn the height nut (B) counter clockwise.
- To lower the door, turn the height nut (B) clockwise.
Once your fridge is in position, plug in the power cord and turn it on. Open the door and check the interior light turns on automatically.
To manually adjust the temperature, press the Fridge or Freezer button until you reach the desired temperature.
- When using your fridge for the first time, start by setting the lowest temperature for both the fridge (1°C) and freezer (-23°C), and wait for 2-3 hours before loading any food or drinks.
- After this, you can set your fridge and freezer to your desired temperature. We recommend 3°C for your fridge and -19°C for your freezer.
- When your fridge and freezer reach the set temperature, they’re ready for use.
Thank you for your feedback!