Enjoy faster connectivity with Wi-Fi 6E and Intelligent Wi-Fi
The new Galaxy S21 Ultra opens a whole new world with Wi-Fi 6E. See the speed for yourself in this demonstration of how the Galaxy S21 Ultra uses intelligent Wi-Fi 6E for a seamless network connection.
Wi-Fi 6E & Intelligent Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi 6E is an extension of the standard Wi-Fi 6, and communication at 6Ghz, which is a non-licensed band that anyone can use.
The Galaxy S21 Ultra is one of the first smartphones to support Wi-Fi 6E, for better and faster connectivity. Wi-Fi works using an unlicensed frequency band that anyone can use. Interference among devices is a key factor in determining Wi-Fi performance.
Most consumers may have experienced a slow connection, or an internet connection that frequently drops, especially in places where many people gather, like airports, even though those places are full of Wi-Fi antennas. This means you’ve experienced Wi-Fi performance degradation caused by interference.
Wi-Fi 6E uses the existing 2.4 and 5GHz frequency as well as the 6GHz band, which is a newer and wider band, reducing the interference. It’s like extending the road from two lanes to four lanes, opening more connectivity to be utilized.
Let’s find out the real-life difference in performance with Wi-Fi 6E.
- The device on the left is operating on 5GHz broadband and on the right, the device is operating in 6GHz broadband with Wi-Fi 6E.
- You can check the status with the 6E icon on the top right corner next to the Wi-Fi icon. Now let’s start the download.
- Since Wi-Fi 6E holds a higher frequency broadband and supports devices with the latest technology, it is possible to experience much faster speeds.
The Galaxy S21 also supports enhanced Intelligent Wi-Fi, providing a seamless experience when using the internet in a variety of situations. The demand for real-time network-based services such as video calls, video conferencing and cloud games on mobile devices continues to grow.
- Enhanced Intelligent Wi-Fi leverages AI algorithms to analyse and predict traffic patterns of applications used within the devices and Wi-Fi link quality in real time.
- Wi-Fi quality is optimised for performance and for the reduced latencies required by demanding applications like video calls, cloud gaming and streaming.
- If the Wi-Fi connection is expected to be poor, it quickly switches to a cellular network to provide a better and uninterrupted network experience.
- Improved intelligent Wi-Fi is available on Galaxy Smartphones and Tablets with One UI 3.1 support.
- Device screenshots and menus may vary depending on the device model and software version.
- The Wi-Fi 6E service availability may vary depending on the county.