Using Bixby On A Samsung Remote Control.
A feature that has been introduced to our 2019 Samsung TV range is the ability to use Bixby via the remote control.
Your Samsung remote control has 2 microphones. One for near field and the other for far field.
Near Field Mic:
- It is triggered by pressing the mic () button near the top of the remote.
- When pressed for a short amount of time, the Bixby Menu is selected.
- When pressed for a long time, the near field voice recognition is triggered.
Far Field Mic:
- It is triggered by sound around the remote.
- When you say “Hi Bixby” within 1.5 metres from the remote, Bixby will start.
- When the remote hears “Hi Bixby”, the LED at the top of the remote will flash red.
- Make sure the remote is positioned properly with the buttons facing up.
- Do not cover the mic with blankets or clothes.
Thank you for your feedback!