Guests at five-star and above hotels and other premium hospitality environments expect the benefits of high-end, immersive and flexible in-room technology during their stay. Samsung’s HE890U Series exceeds these expectations, delivering a premium experience with the interactivity and connectivity necessary to wow guests. Featuring Ultra-High Definition (UHD) resolution capable of offering detailed, life-like picture quality and a sleek real metal black(or silver) chamfer design, the Samsung HE890U Series reflects the sophistication and luxury premier hotels seek in their brand image. The display serves as a true technology information and entertainment hub, with recently added features, such as mobile device compatibility and a Bluetooth music player, expanding guests’ comfort and media consumption capabilities without sacrificing visual quality. The Samsung HE890U Series also provides an array of robust, intuitive features enabling hotels to supply information-dense content across a single TV or groups of TVs, ranging from personalized welcome messages to updates on hotel amenities.
The TV is the hub of the in-room entertainment experience, serving as the design and media center of the hotel room. As the first element guests see when entering the room, it has a significant impact on the overall impression of a hospitality establishment. The state-of-the-art and exclusive real metal bezel design of the HE890U crafted for luxurious hotels furnishes a premium, high-class ambience exceeding guests’ expectations for such five star and above hotels. The super slim edge also enhances the experience, inducing awe and admiration from modern guests and travelers who emphasize in-room technology as an important part of the overall in-room service.
Guests accustomed to excellent picture quality and clarity at home expect the same viewing experience when staying elsewhere. This had led to a growing popularity of UHD in hospitality environments. Samsung’s HD890U Series delivers this enhanced viewing experience by providing premium and luxury hotel guests exceptionally vivid and detailed images. Featuring UHD resolution (3840 x 2160) that delivers four times the pixels of FHD formats, the HD890U Series showcases each image’s most intricate details for a brilliant and realistic picture.
In a busy hospitality environment, time spent on display installation and maintenance is time that could otherwise be devoted to more critical growth-related activities. Through advanced plug-and-play settings, hotel managers can activate hundreds of in-room displays with minimal effort required. Operations teams simply have to navigate three basic launch settings to synchronize multiple displays and servers while also defining connectivity and language needs:
• Basic Setup: A user-friendly interface lets hospitality managers define the language, picture and tuning, and clock settings.
• Cloning Mode: To further enhance multi-display control, hotel managers can replicate communication and content delivery functionalities across all on-site displays. Once the cloning process is complete, users can activate their displays without requiring any further installations or compatibility confirmation.
• Factory Mode: Hotel managers additionally can customize advanced display operations, such as audio parameters and connectivity settings, through an easy-to-access factory mode portal.The plug-and-play functionalities also enable certain non-hospitality environments to enjoy the same content and system management benefits. A unique Commercial Mode setting accommodates the specialized requirements of commercial users, such as government and education entities, without compromising performance.
While some hotels offer mobile device-compatible in-room audio decks to amplify guest entertainment, these platforms often can prove costly and burdensome if stolen or broken. Through embedded Bluetooth connectivity, Samsung’s HE890U displays transform into an all-in-one entertainment center that delivers the same convenience with less maintenance required. Once connected with guests’ mobile devices, the HE890U display becomes an audio player complete with an easy-to-navigate screen and powerful speakers. By enabling guests to quickly access and play their favorite songs and sounds, the HE890U’s Bluetooth functionality adds to a differentiated in-room experience resembling what guests would expect at home.
Samsung hospitality displays elevate the guest experience by serving as an in-room, multi-device entertainment hub equipped with a host of customized viewing features. The displays’ integrated Software Access Point (Soft AP) functionality provides secure private wireless connections between TV and up to 4 mobile devices in room. Once connected, guests can transfer personal content, including music, movies and photos, from their mobile devices for viewing on the larger display screen with DLNA™. They can also transfer the screen of a mobile device onto the TV with Screen Mirroring without restriction of content type. When Samsung Smart View application is used in the mobile device, guests can transfer their multimedia content to TV more easily. DLNA, Screen Mirroring and Smart View capabilities ensure that mobile content configures smoothly to the display without distortion or restriction.
Hotels can use the latest hospitality management technology to deliver a differentiated guest experience. Samsung’s LYNK REACH 4.0 fuses the benefits of its SINC and REACH hospitality technologies to offer a comprehensive content management solution. LYNK REACH 4.0 enhances the guest experience efficiency-enhancing technology and perks ranging from more information delivery channels, convenient communication options and efficient room management.As a unified content management solution, LYNK REACH 4.0 accommodates LAN, Wi-Fi and coaxial infrastructures to amplify hotel management, monitoring and guest service functions. Transferred by proprietary management server (PMS) and customized templates, hospitality users can create and deliver personalized service for a more memorable experience. This includes access to a range of IPTV and RF channels, applications and services mirroring what guests expect at home and on their mobile devices. LYNK REACH 4.0 additionally enables two-way communication between hotel management and guests. The solution’s efficient remote control capability for in-room display ensures quality service delivery in real-time without in-room labor and maintenance.With optimized network support for a variety of channels, Samsung’s LYNK Reach 4.0 helps hotels improve internal communication processes, which in turn provides opportunities to personalize guest experience.
The Samsung LYNK REACH 4.0 solution reduces total cost of ownership for hospitality users with intelligent features that provide real-time monitoring reports and a central platform from which IT managers can remotely manage processes. Hotels can select individual televisions or groups of television and monitor TV and network settings, room and guest information displays and guest check in/out. These capabilities provide an effective way for hotels to save time and effort on labor and maintenance costs, as hotel personnel do not have to visit each hotel room every time a change is required.
Samsung’s LYNK REACH 4.0 platform ensures that guests receive personalized attention and convenient access to on-site amenities and services throughout the duration of their stay.
• At check-in: The LYNK REACH 4.0 server uses the hotel’s proprietary management server (PMS) to evaluate guests’ unique information and greet them with personalized welcome messages.
• During guest stay: Hotel managers can use data stored within the LYNK REACH 4.0 server to send guests personalized messages relevant to their stay, ranging from restaurant reservation portals to timing for other on-site services.
• Express checkout: LYNK REACH 4.0 highlights and organizes all guest charges within a single screen, enabling a faster guest checkout process that does not require a trip to the lobby.
With LYNK REACH 4.0, hospitality properties can delight guests with the same interactive entertainment they experience with their personal devices on in-room displays. Samsung’s Smart Hub provides a gateway to a variety of apps, opening a window to more than just conventional TV channels for guests who qualify. Using Smart Hub, guests can conveniently access social networking apps enjoy music streaming and access the news through the hotel's IP network for enhanced TV content based on their individual needs. Hotels have the control to activate or deactivate app access to provide differentiated service among guest groups.
Deliver a wide array of content to guests with an enhanced Home Menu that does not require the additional purchase of a solution or installation of a network infrastructure. New enhanced features enable hotels to welcome guests with a brief video introduction along with the hotel logo before offering live TV. This way, hotels can enhance their brand without the need of an additional solution. Guests can conveniently view resources such as the time, date and hotel information, and access frequently used TV features in user mode. The customizable Home Menu reduces the cost burden for hotels that lack the budget for an additional solution while simplifying Home Menu creation with a solution-embedded Hospitality TV.
H.Browser delivers the superior in-room entertainment and customized content management services that today’s hotel guests expect, along with interactive web services. With H.Browser, hotels do not need to purchase, install and maintain additional hardware such as VoD set-top boxes (STBs). As an IP-based open platform, H. Browser enables Systems Integrators (SIs) to provide fully customizable web browser solutions that deliver premium interactive services and features for both free and VoD content. Because H.Browser is based on Internet programming languages such as HTML5 and Java Script®, SIs can easily develop and quickly deploy robust, customized hotel solutions. Solution development is made possible by Samsung technical support, Samsung's advance display hardware, and Samsung's collaboration with SIs.
Samsung LYNK DRM technology provides a safe and cost-effective alternative to traditional hardware-based content protection systems. The solution allows encrypted live channel and VoD content to pass securely and display on hotel TVs. A software-only implementation, LYNK DRM technology reduces the need for additional equipment and provides quicker recovery for Conditional Access System (CAS) problems. To help ensure system reliability, coverage extends to the enlargement of head-end equipment for cable operators.
Save time and effort when setting up multiple protocols between SI-provided set-top boxes and displays. Samsung SMART Hospitality Display are compatible with various SI protocols at purchase.
Gain unique and strong display content management with Security Mode on HD470 Series displays. Using this feature, you can disable critical functions of the displays to easily prevent changes to the displays' settings. You can also block non-compliant content or the transmission of unwanted Teletext (TTX) with a signal to maintain complete control of content on guest room displays, including input through HDMI® and USB ports. This feature is also highly beneficial for controlling displays in environments that require tight security, such as prisons.
Increase guests’ TV-viewing enjoyment by eliminating annoying interference from other remote signals in applications, such as hotel fitness centers, where multiple TVs are in close proximity. The multi-code remote can control up to 10 TVs individually in the same room.
Enable guests to easily find and enjoy the programming of their choice without having to manually scroll through hundreds of TV channels. My Channel’s quick search function allows guests to find channels suited to their tastes, by country and genre.
Allow your guests to check the current time on the TV whenever needed. Software Clock is a clock display solution of in-room TVs using a remote control. The guests can easily check the time with the press of ‘Info’ button using the remote control, even when the TV is off.
Media entertainment including movies, music, and images come alive on the screen by simply plugging a USB drive directly into the TV.
Sports fans don’t have to miss their favorite games when staying at your hotel. They can watch every goal or point scored with superior-quality picture and sound, right in their rooms. With Sports Mode, guests can use a shortcut to activate enhanced sound and picture quality. The enhanced sound creates a greater stadium effect and enriched picture quality displays the playing field in vivid color. With this feature, guests can have a truly immersive in-room entertainment experience-complete with key game highlights and audience cheers.
- Backlight LED
- Screen Size 65"
- Resolution 3840 x 2160
- Picture Engine UHD Up-Scaling
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio Mega Contrast
- Micro Dimming UHD Dimming
- Wide Color Enhancer (Plus) No
- Auto Motion Plus Yes
- Film Mode Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus Yes
- DTS Codec Yes
- Sound Output (RMS) 20 W (L:10 W, R:10 W)
- Speaker Type 2 CH (Down Firing w / Bass Reflex)
- TV to Mobile - Mirroring No
- Mobile to TV - Mirroring, DLNA Yes
- Samsung SMART View Yes
- Digital Clean View Yes
- Auto Channel Search Yes
- Auto Power Off Yes
- BD Wise Plus Yes
- Caption (Subtitle) Yes
- Connect Share™ (HDD) Yes
- ConnectShare™ (USB 2.0) Yes
- EPG Yes
- Game Mode Yes
- OSD Language English, Spanish, French
- Picture-In-Picture Yes
- BT HID Built-in Yes
- USB HID Support Yes
- Analog Tuner Yes
- Samsung LYNK™ SINC Compatibility Yes
- H.Browser Compatibility Yes
- Samsung LYNK™ REACH (RF) REACH 4.0
- Hospitality Home Menu Home Menu 2015
- Bluetooth Music Player (Mobile → TV) Yes
- Hospitality Plug&Play (Easy Set-up) Yes
- Auto Source Mode Yes
- Power On Mode Yes
- Hotel Channel List Yes
- Mixed Channel List (ATSC, DVB-T/T2/C/S2, Analog) Yes
- My Channel Yes
- Energy Saving Mode (BLU Control) Yes
- Logo Display with Time Out Setting (BMP/Movie) Yes
- Welcome Message Yes
- RJ12/IR Pass Through Yes
- External Clock Compatibility No
- Clock Back Up Supply Yes
- External Clock Dimming Control No
- Software Clock Yes
- Multi Code Remote Control Yes
- Screwed Remote Battery Cover Yes
- Soundbar Compatibility Yes
- Music Mode (Input: PC/AV/Component/HDMI) Yes
- Music Mode Backlight on/off Yes
- TTX Clock Update (Analogue) No
- USB Cloning Yes
- Smoovie Compatibility Yes
- Soft AP Yes
- On/Off Timer (Schedule) Yes
- Wake-up Timer (Alarm) Yes
- Samsung LYNK™ DRM Yes
- Pro:Idiom Yes
- bLAN No
- Security Mode Yes
- S/W EPG (Solution EPG) Yes
- Wake on LAN (WOL) Yes
Input & Output
- HDMI (Side/Rear) 2 / 0
- USB (Side/Rear) 2 / 0
- Component In (Y/Pb/Pr) (Side/Rear) 1 / 0
- Composite In (AV) (Side/Rear) 1 / 0 (Common Use for Component Y)
- Ethernet (LAN) (Side/Rear) 1 / 0
- Headphone (Side/Rear) No
- Audio Out (Mini Jack / LR) (Side/Rear) No
- Digital Audio Out (Optical) (Side/Rear) 1 / 0
- RF In (Terrestrial / Cable input) (Side/Rear) 1 / 0
- Pillow Speaker Jack (Side/Rear) No
- Variable Audio Out (Side/Rear) No
- Variable Audio Out Volume Control (Side/Rear) No
- Video Out (Side/Rear) No
- RJ12 (Side/Rear) 1 / 0
- RJP (Remote Jackpack) (Side/Rear) No
- Headphone ID (Side/Rear) No
- Door-Eye Control (Side/Rear) No
- Door-Eye Video In (Side/Rear) No
- PC In (D-sub) (Side./Rear) No
- PC/DVI Audio In (Mini Jack) (Side./Rear) No
- Front Color Silver
- Stand Type Y-Shape
- Eco Sensor Yes
- Power Supply (V) AC 110 - 120 V, 50 / 60 Hz
- Power Consumption (Max) 190 W
- Power Consumption (Stand-by) 0.5 W
- Power Consumption (Typical) 70 W
- Set Dimension without Stand (WxHxD) 1456.1 x 840.4 x 54.4 mm
- Set Dimension with Stand (WxHxD) 1456.1 x 924.3 x 378.7 mm
- Package Dimension (WxHxD) 1625 x 947 x 185 mm
- Set Weight without Stand 23.2 kg
- Set Weight with Stand 26.7 kg
- Package Weight 34.6 kg
- Remote Controller Model TM1480 + TM1240
- Batteries (for Remote Control) Yes
- Mini Wall Mount Supported Yes
- Vesa Wall Mount Supported Yes
- Power Cable Yes
- Quick Install Guide Yes
- Data Cable Yes
- Stand Mount Kit No
- Security Screws (Stand Base) No
- PureCare Remote(Seamless White Remote) No
Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notification.