NX1 Camera: How to Use Shot Mode on the Samsung NX1 Camera
Samsung NX1 Camera
One of Samsung Auto Shot mode's three settings is Trap Shot, which takes photos continuously when it detects someone moving across the screen. All you have to do is set the camera, and it will automatically take the shot for you. To see how to use this setting, read below. To see how to use other Samsung Auto Shot mode settings, click here.
Note: For the best picture, place the camera on a tripod or other stable surface when using Auto Shot modes to keep your camera from shaking.
Using Trap Shot
1. Rotate the mode dial to , and then select "Samsung Auto Shot."
2. Touch the icon and select Trap Shot .
3. Prepare the Trap Shot:
• The camera takes photos continuously when it detects the subject moving in the direction of the arrow at the vertical line that you set on the screen.
• To position the vertical line on the screen, drag the arrow icon on the vertical line to the desired point, scroll command dial 1 or 2.
• You can also touch the area on the screen where the subject is expected to pass through or manually adjust the focus by rotating the focus ring after half-pressing the shutter button.
4. Focus on the subject, then press the shutter button to start Trap Shot.
• The camera takes photos continuously when it detects the subject's movement.
• Press MENU to stop capturing.
Tips for best results:
• When you select Trap Shot, the Direct Manual Focus (DMF) function is automatically set.
• When you select Trap Shot, the AF mode is set to Single AF and the AF area is set to Selection AF.
• Trap Shot mode works in the 3:2 photo size.
• The area where the subject is expected to pass through must be in focus.
• You cannot drag the line into the opaque area of the screen.
• Subjects that are moving in the same direction may not be detected properly depending on the angle of view or the size of the subjects.
• The camera may not take the photo properly under the following conditions:
◦ When the size of the subject is too small.
◦ When the subject is moving too quickly.
◦ When there are moving objects in the background.
◦ When you take photos in dark, indoor areas, such as an indoors sports complex.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Shop the current Samsung product promotions.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
For Canadian customers only.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
24/7 Call Support available for mobile devices only
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to WECARE (932-273) and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .