4-Door French Door Refrigerator Stainless Steel: Installing the water line
Connecting the water supply line to the refrigerator.
There are several items that you need to purchase to complete this connection. You may find these items sold as a kit at your local hardware store.
1. Slip the compression nut ( A ) through the supplied plastic tubing ( A ).
2. Tighten the compression nut ( A ) onto the 1/4” compression fitting.
- If you are using copper tubing, slip the compression nut ( B ) (not supplied) and ferrule (not supplied) on copper tubing (not supplied) as shown.
- If you are using plastic tubing ( B ) , insert the molded end (Bulb) of the plastic tubing ( B ) into the compression fitting.
Do not use without the molded end(Bulb) of the plastic tubing ( B ).
3. Tighten the compression nut ( B ) onto the compression fitting.
Do not over-tighten the compression nut ( B ) .
4. Turn water on and check for any leakage. If you find water drops or leakage in the connection areas, turn off the main water supply. Check the connections and, if nescessary, tighten.
5. Flush 1 gallon of water through the filter before drinking or using the water from the refrigerator. (Flush approximately 6 minutes.) To flush, press a large glass or cup against the water dispenser lever. Fill the glass, empty it into the kitchen sink after it is filled, and then repeat.
6. After you turn on the refrigerator, let the ice maker make ice for 1 to 2 days. Over that period of time, throw out the first 1 or 2 buckets of ice the freezer makes to ensure all impurities have been removed from the water line.
Only connect the water line to a drinkable water source.
If you have to repair or disassemble the water line, cut off 1/4“ of the plastic tubing to make sure you get a snug, leak-free connection.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .