How do I set the rice casserole function on my Electric Range (NE58K9500SG)?
The Healthy Cook feature provides a healthier cooking method for cooking rice casseroles containing vegetables, herbs, chicken breasts, etc. The rice casserole is specially designed to cook rice casserole. When using this function, you do not need to preheat the oven prior to cooking. The cooking temperature and cooking time depends on the quantity and material.
Note: The provided information refers to the electric ranges sold in Canada.
How to set the rice casserole function
1. Press Healthy Cook.
2. Press 1 on the number pad to select Rice casserole.
3. The default temperature is 375 °F or 190 °C (depending on the temperature unit you are using). Enter the temperature you want to use on the number pad.
Note: For example, touch 2, 0 and 0 to set the temperature to 200 °C.
4. Press START/SET to begin cooking the rice casserole.
5. Press OVEN OFF at any time to turn the feature off and stop the cooking process.
Cooking rice casserole recommendations
The recommendations below are for reference only. When using any Healthy Cook function, you do not need to preheat the oven prior to cooking.
➲ Quantity: 17.5 oz (500 g).
➲ Rack position: 4.
➲ Default temperature: 375 °F or 190 °C.
➲ Oven temperature: 375 °F (or 190 °C) to 425 °F (or 218 °C).
➲ Cooking time: 40 to 50 minutes.
➲ General recommendations:
• Put a cup of instant rice, some vegetables (carrot, onion, zucchini, eggplant, etc.) and chicken breasts into a baking dish.
• Pour a cup of hot consomme into the baking dish and cover it with a lid or foil.
• To prevent the bottom from over cooking, do not use an enamel or iron baking dish.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support.
Find out how to track your service online.
Please send us an email regarding SmartThings inquires. Assistance with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets.
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Purchase Consumables & Accessories for your Samsung Product.
Samsung Remote Service enables one of our specially trained technicians to remotely view and control your Samsung TV and smartphone to directly help you with your product.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Mon-Sat: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm (EST)
Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 932-273 and get instantly connected to live chat.*
*Standard messaging rates may vary by
carrier and do apply.
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .