How do I set the rice casserole function on my Electric Range (NE58K9500SG)?
The Healthy Cook feature provides a healthier cooking method for cooking rice casseroles containing vegetables, herbs, chicken breasts, etc. The rice casserole is specially designed to cook rice casserole. When using this function, you do not need to preheat the oven prior to cooking. The cooking temperature and cooking time depends on the quantity and material.
Note: The provided information refers to the electric ranges sold in Canada.
How to set the rice casserole function
1. Press Healthy Cook.
2. Press 1 on the number pad to select Rice casserole.
3. The default temperature is 375 °F or 190 °C (depending on the temperature unit you are using). Enter the temperature you want to use on the number pad.
Note: For example, touch 2, 0 and 0 to set the temperature to 200 °C.
4. Press START/SET to begin cooking the rice casserole.
5. Press OVEN OFF at any time to turn the feature off and stop the cooking process.
Cooking rice casserole recommendations
The recommendations below are for reference only. When using any Healthy Cook function, you do not need to preheat the oven prior to cooking.
➲ Quantity: 17.5 oz (500 g).
➲ Rack position: 4.
➲ Default temperature: 375 °F or 190 °C.
➲ Oven temperature: 375 °F (or 190 °C) to 425 °F (or 218 °C).
➲ Cooking time: 40 to 50 minutes.
➲ General recommendations:
• Put a cup of instant rice, some vegetables (carrot, onion, zucchini, eggplant, etc.) and chicken breasts into a baking dish.
• Pour a cup of hot consomme into the baking dish and cover it with a lid or foil.
• To prevent the bottom from over cooking, do not use an enamel or iron baking dish.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Live Chat
Please send us an email for general questions or technical support and we will reply within 24 hours.
Find out how to track your service online.
Help with Hubs, Kits, Sensors and Outlets
Watch and learn how to get the most out of your Samsung products!
Join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
Find out how to submit an Online Service Request.
Mon - Sun : 8:30 AM -12 AM (EST)
7 days a week, 365 days a year
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .