How to clean cooktop of my Electric Range (NE58K9500SG)?
Care and cleaning
Clean your cooktop daily or after each use. This will keep your cooktop looking good and can prevent damage. Use only a ceramic cooktop cleaner. Other creams may not be as effective.
Note: The provided information refers to the electric ranges sold in Canada.
Normal daily use cleaning
1. Before using the cooktop for the first time, clean it with a ceramic cooktop cleaner. This helps protect the top and makes cleanup easier.
2. Daily use of a ceramic cooktop cleaner will help keep the cooktop looking new.
3. Shake the cleaning cream well. Apply a few drops of cleaner directly to the cooktop.
4. Use a paper towel or a cleaning pad for ceramic cooktops to clean the entire cooktop surface.
5. Use a dry cloth or paper towel to remove all cleaning residue. No need to rinse.
Warning: Damage to your glass surface may occur if you use scrub pads other than those recommended.
Protecting the cooktop
• If a spillover occurs while you are cooking, immediately clean the spill from the cooking area while it is hot to prevent a tough cleaning chore later. Using extreme care, wipe the spill with a clean dry towel.
• Do not allow spills to remain on the cooking area or the cooktop trim for a long period of time.
• Do not use abrasive cleansing powders or scouring pads which will scratch the cooktop.
• Do not use chlorine bleach, ammonia, or other cleansers not specifically recommended for use on a glass-ceramic surface.
Preventing marks and scratches
• Do not use glass cookware. It may scratch the cooktop.
• Do not place a trivet or wok ring between the cooktop and the pan. These items can mark or scratch the cooktop.
• Make sure the cooktop and the pan bottom are clean.
• Do not slide metal pans across the cooktop.
• Do not use a soiled dish cloth or sponge to clean the cooktop surface. A film will remain, which may cause stains on the cooking surface after the area is heated.
• Continuously cooking on a soiled surface can result in a permanent stain.
Preventing other damage
• Do not allow plastic, sugar, or foods with high sugar content to melt onto the hot cooktop. Should this happen, clean immediately.
• Do not let a pan boil dry as this will damage the cooktop and the pan.
• Do not use the cooktop as a work surface or cutting board.
• Do not cook food directly on the cooktop. Always use the proper cookware.
Thank you for your feedback!